Hid's

cuprachad

Feb 9, 2013
My car already had a set of hid's fitted to it when I got it but I have noticed that the adjuster inside the car has no effect on the angle/level of the beam. To anyone that has fitted hid's does your adjuster work? Thanks

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
My adjuster was already nackered before fitting them.

Level 0 is what u want for ur HID's anyway, and H7R hids if possible.

As long as its on level 0 then it should be fine.

cuprachad

Feb 9, 2013
Not sure what there set at but drivers side is slightly higher than the passenger side. But its passed its previous mot's with them fitted. Do the h7r's have a better beem pattern?

porter555

Feb 6, 2013
West Midlands
My car already had a set of hid's fitted to it when I got it but I have noticed that the adjuster inside the car has no effect on the angle/level of the beam. To anyone that has fitted hid's does your adjuster work? Thanks

Yeah mine still works fully, all 4 levels still operational.

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
Not sure what there set at but drivers side is slightly higher than the passenger side. But its passed its previous mot's with them fitted. Do the h7r's have a better beem pattern?

Yes they do, but if its passed previous MOTs unless the rules change (not sure if they have as the whole HID thing is a strange topic) then u should be fine :)

cuprachad

Feb 9, 2013
Well it was mot'd last november with no advisories so I guess it should be ok. Is there anyway of testing the adjuster to see if its fault?

porter555

Feb 6, 2013
West Midlands
I may be wrong so dont quote me, but I was informed that if a car has HIDs fitted as none standard, they may not pass an MOT as the beams are not (may not be) self levelling :(. Hence may inadvertantly blind people. Apparently cars fitted with HIDs as standard have this feature built in.

cuprachad

Feb 9, 2013
Im pretty sure I read somewhere that the h7r's have the correct beem pattern so im thinking of changing to them and then see if I can sort the adjuster at the same time. Luckily tho my brother works at honda so I get my cars mot'd at his place.

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
Yeah its true about cars that dont have projector lenses, self leveling and washers should fail an MOT with HID's.

but u read some people on here having their cars pass an MOT with them, due MOT time people just swap them back over.

If u can get the car MOT'd at ur brothers workplace is there any need to worry, if u know what i mean :D

cuprachad

Feb 9, 2013
Not got the originals to put back in. Yeh hopefully should ok getting it mot'd at my brothers place, just not sure if the tester is as lenient(if thats how you spell it) as at his old work...

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
If the adjuster doesn't seem to be working, check it hasn't popped off the headlight. This happened to one of mine and took me 5 seconds to fix.

I got an advisory last year saying it would fail this year because of aftermarket HIDs. So put some standard Osram bulbs back in and it passed yesterday.

The Osrams don't seem to light up the road very far even with the adjuster on the furthest setting so gonna put HIDs back in.

cuprachad

Feb 9, 2013
Yeh ill think ill get my brother to have a look for me when he fits my front tyres next week.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise