Horizontal intercooler?

kongenafKbh

Hi have any tried a horizontal intercooler for LC? i've found a kit for TT 180 will it fit a facelift LC 180?

IMG_2083mittel.JPG

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
depends on sizes of the cooler etc but looks like it would. the pipe work maybe different though. i am trying to fit mine during this week and my main issue is the outlet pipes being too close to each other and not giving me enough room to get around the crash bar mounting points. yours looks ok for this.

kongenafKbh

Do any one know if there is much difference between TT 180 and LC 180 at the crashbar? i know it's not the same crashbar! but space etc.
found ellement size is 500mmx230mmx76mm

Last edited by a moderator:

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
i know that the audi's came with an alloy crash bar and ours is steel. with your sizes it should be fine. you may have to cut a but out as its 76mm thick.

mine is 790mmx300mmx70mm with 3" outlets. i will try and post some pics up tonight as i am in the middle of my build.

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
How much was that intercooler kit mate as want one for mine but want to keep the spots in the LCR front bumper i have fitted?

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Don't understand why you have to remove the fogs mine can be kept with the forge kit altho I took them out cos they look crap and are pointless when you have hids

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
I will be keeping an eye on the thread salsheikh. I dont want to lose the fogs so could be an option. Biggest issue i have is getting rid of the pancake pipe and presume thats why most people are routing the pipe out of the otherside of the intercooler. You been able to measure up to see if you can route the pipe past the drivers arch and belts?

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
you can if you remove some of the plastic covers but it is close to the belts etc around there. i am gonna keep my pancake pipe and not take any risks.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.