How many 12v sockets ?

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I have to carry fridge behind the seat, because my cable is not long enough to reach boot. Normally, I would plug it in the boot, if there was socket.

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
wow that's a bit tight all that kit and one socket,my last car had 3 and that was a coupe...one under passenger front dash .one in centre console and one in the boot ,i used 2 of these for dash cams.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
It has 2 front and 2 rear USB Type C sockets rated at up to 10.5 W each so much less of a need for multiple 12V sockets.

The boot is an obvious place one is missing from though. The European models have a 230V socket in the boot rated to 150W (300W for up to 2 minutes) but the UK spec doesn't have this.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninja_geezer

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
It’s a shame there’s no 230V socket in the UK, I wonder if it’s a regulatory thing?

Also wonder what’s behind the blanking plug where it should be - is the inverter present but disconnected? Probably not...

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
It has 2 front and 2 rear USB Type C sockets rated at up to 10.5 W each so much less of a need for multiple 12V sockets.

The boot is an obvious place one is missing from though. The European models have a 230V socket in the boot rated to 150W (300W for up to 2 minutes) but the UK spec doesn't have this.
usb c is great for phones /tablets ect buy im pretty sure i cannot run my dashcams or my speed cheetah of a usb-c. unless there is a way of converting 12v dc from usb -c but i very much doubt it.

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
It’s a shame there’s no 230V socket in the UK, I wonder if it’s a regulatory thing?

Also wonder what’s behind the blanking plug where it should be - is the inverter present but disconnected? Probably not...
Maybe as we are no longer in the EU ...:p

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
usb c is great for phones /tablets ect buy im pretty sure i cannot run my dashcams or my speed cheetah of a usb-c. unless there is a way of convering 12v dc from usb -c but i very much doubt it.

I would be surprised if your dash cam used anywhere near 10W continuous power, but the placement of the USB-C isn’t ideal for a rear camera if that’s what you want it for.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I use rear USB-C socket to power my dashcam. Front ones are used by USB stick with music and cable for old phone which I use for navigation.