How many people have had their Formentor’s ceramic coated?

Froy90

May 18, 2021
I have always got my cars ceramic coated as it just makes general maintenance so much easier.

the one comment I would make is that the cost really depends on the standard of the original paint and the level of paint correction / prep work undertaken. This absolutely applies to brand new cars. My GT4 (porsche) which most would agree as one of the best factory standards of paint and was trailered to the detailer had nearly three days of prep before the ceramic coating was applied and then the car was left to cure for a full 24 hours. The difference was night and day.

Also remember not to touch the car (clean) for at least 7 days after the coating is applied to allow the coating to fully
I agree with it making maintenance easier. It’s well worth the investment if you’re into detailing and cleaning your cars.

my formentor was in very good shape to be honest. I only Clay bared my car before applying the coating, washed it Saturday for the first time and the beading was great!

Deleted member 131219

Mine is going to CCS Detailing near Dartford in ten days' time for their new car detail. This is what is covered.

1627025389913.png

Reactions: Mike the_cupra

Nickfurnell

Jul 23, 2021
Does anyone know, or can recommend a Ceramic detailer near Manchester? Looking on Google shows a few, but the ones that do state their prices are upwards of £1500 (or double) for a full car?

I'd rather go on personal recommendation.. Paying over the odds doesn't do anyone any good, except for the salesman.

Reactions: Sly870

ChrisGerr

Feb 6, 2022
Does anyone know, or can recommend a Ceramic detailer near Manchester? Looking on Google shows a few, but the ones that do state their prices are upwards of £1500 (or double) for a full car?

I'd rather go on personal recommendation.. Paying over the odds doesn't do anyone any good, except for the salesman.
I had my VZ3 done just down the road in Warrington, Had it for a couple of days to do it properly and £300.

Link

He uses Gtechniq coating and came across really passionate - so far I'm very pleased with the coating

Chris

Korefan

Jun 10, 2022
Latvia
I have decided to coat with teflon.
On my car (dark camouflage paint) it looks very nice. Added some deep tone of green.
Btw, when ceramic coating is applied - is it required to polish the car?
I don't think that it is good idea to polish a car right from a factory.

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
Yes you do and yes it is. :ROFLMAO: The paintwork from factory is usually rubbish so needs some sorting out, otherwise you're just sealing in all the scratches they've added for free.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.