How Much Is It Worth?? - Copper 2.0 8V Cupra

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Just wondering how much do people think a mint, 2.0 8V Cupra on 68,000k miles would be worth? It's only got 1 months tax, but 6 months test. The car has anthracite 16V alloys and is on FK suspension, the exterior is nie on spotless bar the odd stone chip here and there.

Also anyone who may have sold a Cupra recently, did you have any problems getting rid of it privatley?

djboast

Ive just bought a very tidy low mileage gti 16v mk2 in silver for £2000. It has AC, sunroof, has a fsh including a recent major service replacing all the belts. I paid, I feel, the top end of the market and that was for an 16v. If you were to go by the Parkers guide, its marked at around £1600. I was happy to pay what I did because it fitted exactly what I wanted being a good well looked after car, in the right colour, spec and low mileage.

When I was looking 8v's were common and so was bronze. I guess you might be looking at anywhere around £1200-£1800 judging by what I saw was available on the marketplace. Selling a car privately is a nightmare it seems at the moment. It took me a month avertising on eBay, Autotrader and Piston Heads to shift my old car, which was good because the owner of the Ibiza I was buying had similar trouble. This meant it all fell together luckily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
stick your car up for sale at a price slightly above what you really want, then going by interest in it, decide a maximum amount to be bartered down. So say you wanted £750, advertise it for £900 and come down so that the buyer thinks theyre getting something good.

Going by when i was searching for my current car a month a go.... I reckon advertising it for £2000 then settling for £1800 would be best. Decent MK2's are getting rarer and i was certainly willing to pay more than book for one.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I sold mine last night :( for 2650 that was for a yellow mk2 16v cupra sport with a FSH and 65k on the clocks. I think i got quite a good price for it, but i accepted the 1st persons offer because a car i want is coming up for sale very soon, i think i could of got more if i tryed to be honest, But like cupra kid said price it high then you can come down to what you want ;) i had mine up for 2900, 8v`s seem to be alot more commen than the 16v`s so personally i wouldnt pay anymore than 2k for one but thats me.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.