How Much?

noobydoouk

Afternoon all.

Firstly, this isn't an advert, it's a pre-advert question re my LCR.

Basically, in May this year I'll be looking at parting company with my LCR and I'm not sure how much too ask for it? Some details on it are below. Like I said this isn't an advert, when the time comes I'll be sticking in the for sale section:

2004 54 Reg LCR in black,
97k miles with full seat history until 2012 since then been done by an independent
Totally standard and I modified in any way shape or form
Mechanically it's spot on. Only issue I've had with it was a failed coil pack

It's had all the normal LCR issues sorted - all door seals have been replaced, thermostat replaced, both front door locks replaced etc etc

Cosmetically it's in very good condition. The wheels have some like scuffs and corrosion but the body work is great.

We're having a baby in July so need something a bit bigger and more practical. It's been in my family since new and has stacks of history and receipts with it.

Any ideas of how much to ask for it when the time comes? Any ideas would be great thanks

Steve

Garnaby

Sep 25, 2012
Blackpool
Id wait till May do some research first before making your ad! Go on Autotrader / Pistonhead's / Ebay see what similar LCR's are going for! Then Put a price up! If its to dear you will get no interest so reduce the price!

noobydoouk

Cheers Garnaby. Notice you're in Blackpool. Me too, we'll Cleveleys actually. Don't see many LCRs round here

Garnaby

Sep 25, 2012
Blackpool
Ha ha im in Cleveleys too mate! Iv've not seen your car before there is a Red LCR ive seen couple of times! Mines Just a Blue Cupra not R version!

noobydoouk

Ha ha im in Cleveleys too mate! Iv've not seen your car before there is a Red LCR ive seen couple of times! Mines Just a Blue Cupra not R version!

I don't really drive round Cleveleys too much, it's usually the wife driving it and we usually walk everywhere instead of short running around town. It's a black 54 LCR, "RUY" on the reg. Suprised you haven't seen it cause I've had it since new and always lived round here. :shrug:

Garnaby

Sep 25, 2012
Blackpool
I'm surprised to mate I honestly not seen it! I'm sure I'd have noticed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noobydoouk

I'm surprised to mate I honestly not seen it! I'm sure I'd have noticed!

What colour are you driving? I'm up near Golden Eagle so usually I'm going out of Cleveleys. If all goes well it won't be round for much longer - it's going up end of this month cause I've got my next car lined up. :cry:

Garnaby

Sep 25, 2012
Blackpool
Sound mines blue mate been told not very common! I'm up on Victoria road! What you buying?

noobydoouk

Think I may have seen you knocking about....

I've got another kid on the way so am going for a Honda CR-V as the Leon isn't really big enough. I've got an Astra SRI diesel as well but again, not really big enough for 2 adults, 2 kids and a massive labrador. Unfortunately it's time to be a grown up and get rid of the toy. I've had it since new so had 9 great years with it.

noobydoouk

They are great fun. I've had a few issues with it over the years, door seals, thermostat, door locks etc but all in all it's been a great car. If I could afford it I'd get the CR-V and keep the Leon as a toy but need to sell that the fund the Honda.

£3295

That would be my price based on the current market but you could ask for 4k but you'll be waiting a while for that.

They have depreciated massively this year, sad they are still top notch cars, I'm having a baby next year, well planning to with the missus but I'm keeping my leon as they make great family cars, why not consider that? Admittedly I'm switching to 17 inch wheels to make the ride better and refitting all rear seats and airbag wheel but I'm certainly not selling it after all the hard work I've done, plus the missus loves my car so that's a plus.. No leverage needed

You don't need a massive car for a baby mate just something big enough for all the stuff pram ect which the leon boot is, and the leon has isofix and is a very safe car.

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Family of five here and the leon for me at least was a good compromise, 5 doors, small enough for the wife to drive, big enough for the family to fit and most importantly, moddable....

Family of five here and the leon for me at least was a good compromise, 5 doors, small enough for the wife to drive, big enough for the family to fit and most importantly, moddable....

Seeee keep it, just because a baby is on the way you don't have to throw away all your luxuries be sensible but there's a very good life lesson here.. don't deprive yourself of what defines you.....

noobydoouk

haha thanks guys! Unfortunately the wife has made her mind up, and as it's her that mainly drives it she wants the change. To be fair we've always found it to be fine for space with 3 of us, and it is bigger than the Astra, but we want something bigger and more comfortable that we can stick the dog in too - not putting him in the Leon cause it's an absolute mare to get the hair out of them seats!! I think £3295 is probably a bit low, bearing in mind 210bhp models are going for over £3500?? I was thinking down the lines of £3995 but I'll try my luck and see where it goes - it might be that I have to go that low.

Depends if you want to hang about or sell it quick, give it a good clean and I mean good, many people just rush clean and get snappy without displaying the car in it's best light, condition and location, you need to take good quality photos backed up with a good detailed discription to let the buyer make an informed decision if they can see themselves living with the car, that way you'll get top dollar, make someone believe it's worth top wack, every car I've ever sold has gone in days by doing just that, put effort into detailing the car make it sing from the pictures, and it will sell, good luck with the sale :)

Jim

Pay close attention to the black trim too once trim dressed up on photos this makes a big deference that's door rubbers window mouldings interior plastics under bonnet plastics, make it shine!!! And don't photograph it with rusty after washed brake discs run round the block wipe off the dust then get photos :) I'm spilling all my tips here

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members