how to improve handling

cypher007

Jul 13, 2008
I have a Leon MK1 with 16" alloys which feels nice a tight round corners and when changing direction.

I have a Toledo MK2 with 15" alloys which feels floaty and slightly bouncy.

the Toledo has done 102000 approx. with the same shocks the Leon has done 118000 approx. but not sure if the shocks have been changed at some point as I bought it at 108000.

my question is is it the alloys doing this or do I need new shocks? if it needs new shocks what would be a good option? within reason.

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
List is endless ,
Probably down the the massive profile tyres on the 15" wheels ,
You can always upgrade front antiroll bar and fit a rear rollbar ,
New shocks and springs will help but so will checking under the car to see if anything is worn out or has play ,

Last edited:

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
At 102000 miles the springs and shocks will be well past their best so that's the first thing I'd change but as above you really need everything checked over to see if anything else is worn or failed.

Damian @ DPM Performance

cypher007

Jul 13, 2008
checked the control arm bush and whilst it hasn't torn it can be moved with a large screwdriver as a pry bar quite a bit. might poly bush it at the same time.

cypher007

Jul 13, 2008
ok decided to buy bilstein b4's all round and powerflex bushes for the control arms.

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
I've just poly bushed my front arms . I used buses from a company called PBS problem solving bushes can be found on eBay . Good reviews and lifetime guarantee, all fItted no problems front end nice and firm now car is transformed from the old boat it was .
Would recommend the PBS bushes and whole front end kit was about £45

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise