how to keep the 12V socket on

izometric

Feb 19, 2021
The story is like this: I want to charge the batteries on my drone between the flights from the 12V socket of the car.

The only way I found to keep the sockets powered, is if I keep the car on (from the start button).

Obviously this drains the battery faster since it powers many systems in the car.

Is there any way to keep the 12V sockets powered without starting the car?

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Yes, rewire the aux sockets to a fuse with a permanent feed instead of switched. Easier solution would be to install a piggy back fuse onto a permanent circuit, like for the dashcam tutorials you can find here.

worleyg

Nov 13, 2012
The story is like this: I want to charge the batteries on my drone between the flights from the 12V socket of the car.

The only way I found to keep the sockets powered, is if I keep the car on (from the start button).

Obviously this drains the battery faster since it powers many systems in the car.

Is there any way to keep the 12V sockets powered without starting the car?
It's quite easy.open the glove compartment and press the sides inwards to let it open fully and reveal the fusebox. Can't remember which is the 12v circuit one but check your manual. What you'll notice is that it sits in between two busbars, one switched and one permanent.simply pull the fuse out and place back in on the other busbar.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.