How to Repair your Rear Screen Wash

ibiza owner

IBIZA Mk3 1.0Ltr MPi
It is quite a common fault on the Mk3 IBIZA's that you go to wash your rear windscreen only to find that it just dribbles out the jet but you have a boot full of washer fluid! - Sometimes it must just be a matter of a washer pipe that has come off the back of the rear wiper motor and you have to remove the trim off the tailgate and put the pipe back on securely.

However, there is another common problem in that if your washer hose is secure but water is still peeing into your boot it could be that the brass pipe that travels inside the shaft of the wiper motor has corroded over time (or maybe through incorrect screen wash fluid being used) and water is coming out of that, running down the shaft and into the boot area.

Whilst searching on the net I came across this website that tells you step by step how to have a go at repairing the problem rather than forking out bucket loads of dosh in buying a who new wiper motor unit and I thought it would be handy to pass the details on to others on here. Hope the fix works for you if you have that problem.

The website address is: HERE

Good luck,

Andy.

Last edited:

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
is it easy to remove the rear trim? this is useful article as its also happened to mate at work. Im guessing its popped off as its cold maybe some water has frozen inside the pipe expanding it and pushing it off the pipe?? seems odd that its happened on both cars since last week been fine all year

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Hmmm, i got a slightly different fault with my rear washer. Water neither ends up on th ewindscreen or in the boot :confused: lmao

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
sorry to bring this thread back up but after taking mine off the plastic r shape that goes into the lock mechanism is cracked anyone else have this problem and can anyone tell me if i can replace anything or is it going to be a bodge job to fix it,

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
My rear wash wipe gave up the ghost today, I can hear the pump working but nothing is coming out.

Does the rear wash come with a seperate pump from the front???

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
can anyone answer my question please? its really bugging me

chrisbond69 sorry to bring this thread back up but after taking mine off the plastic r shape that goes into the lock mechanism is cracked anyone else have this problem and can anyone tell me if i can replace anything or is it going to be a bodge job to fix it,

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Right I opened my boot the day and the box I have in it was totally soaked, the hose must have popped off, how easy is it to take the rear boot trim off???

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
more than likly to have popped off where chris said. If not just undo the screws located in the trim and then its just a matter of leavering the trim off and with abit of luck you wont break any clips.

OR

You could just remove the motor totally and the wiper and plug the hole. Works a treat:D

iolaire

My rear washer is playing up - pump runs OK, when I disconnect the pipe in the back door no water! disconnected pipe beside pump/tank perfectly good flow of water so pump and valve are OK I assume - where the hell is it going?

Does anyone know what the routing of the pipework to the rear door is?

There must be a leak, a broken connection or major blockage...

Any tips gratefully received.

Cheers

MACKERZ217

Sep 21, 2008
LURGAN, N.I
same happened to me the pipe behind the rear driver side light popped out! but now i have a different problem the system works perfect but the water sprays straight up and nothing hits the rear window! have tried to move the spray head but its refusing to move!

laffaklad

My rear washer is playing up - pump runs OK, when I disconnect the pipe in the back door no water! disconnected pipe beside pump/tank perfectly good flow of water so pump and valve are OK I assume - where the hell is it going?

Does anyone know what the routing of the pipework to the rear door is?

There must be a leak, a broken connection or major blockage...

Any tips gratefully received.

Cheers

I also have this problem so would be interested to find out where all the water is going?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise