How to use a clay bar

funkymunkyuk

Hi,

I have tried searching but have not found the answer I was after! I am thinking of getting my first clay bar to try on my black cupra.

Please could you give me any tips on using it without gettin scratches etc.

:confused:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
you could of course read the instructions that come with it .... :whistle:

Its a piece of cake mate - if you are using the meguiars kit then its a case of spray - rub clay bar over - wash/dry.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
dunno what it actually is, but to be honest its like bluetack in consistency - perhaps a little stiffer. So yeah, it could be a form of clay.

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Just done be conservative with the lubricant, get a lot on there so the clay doesnt hit a dry patch and stick, as this will leave a mark.

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
make sure the car is clean... do it just after washing it, Keep the surface well lubricated... Zaino recomend just using a very water downed shampoo liquid.

If you havent got it yet, go get the Meguires one,, it may be a bit over kill, but it comes with a spray lubricant that works very well...and one of the best quality clays ive ever used... the Zaino bars have gone very downhill, the claybar falls apart before youve finished the car.

Spray the lubricant onto the paint, and hold the clay bar against the paint in the palm of your hand.. or with your fingers just rub the clay backwards and forwards over the surface, you can feel the roughness... it will gradually become smoother, and you can move onto another panel... best idea is to just do one panel at the time.. like the hood, or the roof..

Keep turning the clay bar and dont put it down what ever you do, if you drop it... chuck it away..

Then just use a decent quality polish.

They are well worth the money.

Rob

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise