HT Leads

darth_vader_helmet

Mar 26, 2008
Guys where is best place to get some HT leads (ignition)? seat dealer are quoting around £20 a lead, which is £80 for all 4 to be replaced which seems a bit steep :cry:

Anyone help please?

ps. I got a 2.0 16v gti

Last edited:

darth_vader_helmet

Mar 26, 2008
Yep, just bought them ;)

Does anyone know how easy a job it is to change the spark plugs and leads? or is it best to get a garage to do the job? :shrug:

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
change the leads one for one. then you cant loose the order. there should be a little orange clip on one of the plugs to help pull them out. but if not there not that hard to get out. as for the plugs you just need the right socket 17mm i thing and an extention bar as there deep down in the holes. unscrew them out making sure nothing goes down te holes. then tightern the new ones up. not to tight or you may strip the threads

darth_vader_helmet

Mar 26, 2008
change the leads one for one. then you cant loose the order. there should be a little orange clip on one of the plugs to help pull them out. but if not there not that hard to get out. as for the plugs you just need the right socket 17mm i thing and an extention bar as there deep down in the holes. unscrew them out making sure nothing goes down te holes. then tightern the new ones up. not to tight or you may strip the threads

So do the plugs fit up the lead first and then you put them back in? and when do you know it you have tightened them far enough?

Also what do you mean by an extension bar?

Sorry if this all sounds a bit :doh: not very clued up on diy :redface:

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
no start at the left side. then pull the lead off the plug. then look in the hole the spark plug will be sticking out. take it out. replace with a new one. then follow the lead you unclips to the distributor unclicp that then clip the new lead on then clip it back on the spark plug. then move on to the next one.

extension bar is just a bar that fits between the socket and the rachet.

darth_vader_helmet

Mar 26, 2008
Right think I am with you now :)

So you unscrew and then replace with the spark plug in the lead, so the actual plug is in the lead?

Just do it one at a time mate, I take it, there is no precise order you have to follow.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Just gonna say about the megaleads... they the same price as dealer ones lol, megaleads are what I've got on mine.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members