i Gotta have this rear bumper

Rowddy

Hi everyone,

i'm looking for over 6 years now for a rear bumper for my Seat Toledo but up to now it was all garbage. :cry: Now i found this link. Anyone got an idea how to get this rear bumper?? :help: (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2255235) The guy who owns the Seat doesn't react to mails.

Pls help me to end my quest :worship:

Greetz Rowddy

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
Look up TIIEWL on here, he posts in the tolly section on a fairly regualr basis! lol

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
I wondered if this would be mine reading the little summary box in the search list (at work it takes so long to load a page at lunch that you just have to guess what most threads are about) :rolleyes:

Not been getting any emails through though :confused:

Anyway, yeah it's mine - it's the bottom half (cut) of a TT bumper screwed into the original bumper and just flushed out with plenty of filler

of course, being mostly filler, it's a bit fragile :cry:

2255235_35_full.jpg

Last edited:

Rowddy

thanks mate no i now where to start from. I really love what you did. To Bad no tuning company has picked it up to produce it.

But again great work. I have an instant idea to use not filler but fiberglass tomake it stick together.

Rowddy

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
only just noticed TIIEWL... you haven't got any rub strips! lol

sorry, took a slow pill this morning!

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
only just noticed TIIEWL... you haven't got any rub strips! lol

It's that level of subtlety I was going for [B)]

TIIEWL, did you just use this piece and then filler in?

Clicky

Actually spotted that and wondered if it'd be good as a spare :happy:

Used the complete bottom half of the TT bumper - I didn't tell my mate at the bodyshop that I was planning on fitting a towbar too, but by keeping the surrounding bumper that the valance clips into it's a 2min job to pop it out and lock the towball in place

Reversed over a low curb in Sainsbury's which ripped the valance off a few weeks after I'd got it back :rolleyes: Tried a V6 black honeycomb one in there but it looked a little OTT

Last edited:

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
What exhaust have you got on yours?
I am guessing that it is the rear box from a tt so that you stood a chance of getting the pipe to be in the right place.

If you used the bottom half of a tt bumper, did that section carry around the bumper corners or was it the centre section only?

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Yeah, just a standard 225 rear can mated up to the centre section via a couple of 90deg bends

watermark_2255235_49_full.jpg

The TT half goes all the way round to the rear arches in place of the black plastic bit on the Toledo bumper as standard

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
so is the lower section of the tt bumper more or less the same size and shape as the tolly one then? just how much friggin was there?

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
New piccie time…

I love this... it's like the most self-indulgent thread ever – everyone else must be getting sick of it by now :happy:

702607_130_full.jpg

702607_131_full.jpg

Top, more steeply angled bumper is the Toledo one on the inside

Outside, the TT bumper with the flared arches cut off and flushed into the side of the Toledo bumper ..... don't forget that though they look wider, because the TTs a low-slung compact sports car, they're built on exactly the same chassis - the wheel track is (near as damn it) the same on both cars

Last edited:

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
That tt muffler must either be really flat or do you get scraping issues over speed bumps?
I had a look undermine and noticed the spare wheel well hangs down pretty low!

I am thinking of heading off to the scrappy's to see if I can get hold of a bumper!!!
how long did you mate spend on it to get it to the finished article or how much did you do yourself?
How much was the tt rear can?

btw, nothing wrong with some self-indulgence every once in a while! ;)

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Ah - there is no spare wheel well...... he cut it out (piccies on CarDomain)

Bumper was £45 off eBay (cracked along the seam nr. the TT badge, but that was cut off anyway)
Exhaust was a bargain at £25 ....... also eBay, but involved a drive to Surrey :D

Probably took a couple of days, on and off, but was all part of an £1100 bill to do the front, back, sideskirts, coilovers, hubs and brakes

When a lad from work ran into the back of it in the wet (above picture) we billed him £500 for cash to gouge out all the cracked filler and re-skim it

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
no spare wheel well, thats a pretty big mod then to cut that out!
Looks like he has put some huge beam in there too to keep the stiffness!

I wonder if I can run a set of pipes to the bumper from the current tolly rear muffler... :confused:

I am guessing that the tailpipe finishers are integral to the muffler on the tt.

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
Update.....
I have managed to acquire a TT rear bumper incl. trim panel from ebay for the princely sum of £15! :D

Just need to think carefully how and where i chop it now!

Rowddy

that sounds great but since i live in Holland how do i get it here?:think:

Rowddy

Hi silver surfer.

Can you make me some pictures of the two rear bumpers?? My Bodyshop wants to see the condition there in. So if it's not to much to ask, pls post them here so i can relay them.

Greetz Rowddy. [B)]

BTW a possible courier would be UPS or DHL?? i think (wenn i can use them) that you can let me pay them at delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members