i hate my car

Rorza

Apr 3, 2011
Nuneaton
so i was driving home from work doing 70 on the m6 and all of a sudden no power, the coil light comes on i put my foot down even though i had 2000rpm there was no power at all so slowed to a stop on the hard shoulder turned it off and back on and it was chugging really bad the whole car visually moving so decided to get it recovered to my regular garage who are having a look tomorrow. anyone any ideas what it could be? car is regularly serviced 2000miles ago. injectors done 7 months ago(hopefully) and car is dpf delete and remapped by jbs about 6 months ao. this is the second thing that has happened to the car in 5 months and probably gonna cost me a fortune again, i really want to get rid of it but have finance standing of 5k. oh and its a 56 plate fr tdi170.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
if you have paid half the finance you can do a voluntary termination....phone the finance company and say come and get it, this is if you have hire purchase/conditional sale agreement.

car must still be worth some decent money though, enough to trade and clear finance

mysticsledge

how many miles is on your car? to be honest with you, if its not intergalactic miles you should be able to sell it for enough money to clear your finance off. I sell cars for a living so know a little bit about values of them and have just recently bought mine so had a good look at the values of them when i was buying.

Rorza

Apr 3, 2011
Nuneaton
thanks for replies guys. I've just get the receipt out and says details of work done replace 4 injectors it doesn't say anything about the loom so it could be that? 60k on the clock i think i could get 8,500 for it but have 4,800 left on finance so would have 3,700 for a car which to me is awful considering i had a 5k c2 code before and couldn't even afford to buy that. what i may do thought is use that as a deposit on a newish car around 14-15k and hopefully get 3 years warranty problem is i couldn't get a decent New 2.0 diesel for that could i?

Rorza

Apr 3, 2011
Nuneaton
ok guys i am officially the 1st according to seat i had my car looked at by the independent garage i got it recovered to, and they got the diagnostic machine on it and apparently injectors no.3 is f**ked, these are the New injectors so i called seat UK and they sed get it into seat coventry and we'll do some investigating and if it is they Will re emburse me for everything involved like garage recovery charges courtesy car charges. so i phoned seat coventry and got my car booked in for Monday to get the injectors and loom replaced again. but they had no courtesy car so i phoned seat UK and they said rent a car and we'll re emburse you for it. im just very surprised the injectors have gone again but i wouldn't be surprised if they actually didn't change them. the only worry i have is as im dpf deleted and remapped Will they Say that's the reason and say they won't pay for anything? as alot of us on here are deleted and you haven't a problem. any suggestions on a comeback if they do say its because im deleted and remapped? Will they find the map?

Last edited:

Rorza

Apr 3, 2011
Nuneaton
i hope not cause i don't have the money to fix it. does anyone know if dpf delete and remap does affect the injectors?

Rorza

Apr 3, 2011
Nuneaton
I know that Andrew got his injectors changed and he was stage 2, just don't bother mentioning it to them

i certainly won't. is the pipe visable from where they'll be working on the car? ever then i could just say i didn't know and surely they won't find its remapped?

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Had stage 2+ on my car when injectors were changed. You should be ok. Unless they have a look for a possible reason why they have failed for a 2nd time...

Rorza

Apr 3, 2011
Nuneaton
yeah anyway they can wriggle out of it they Will. just incase what sort of price Will it be to replace 1 injector at seat surely no more than £600?

n0ble

Sep 14, 2006
They won't charge you. When I had my pd170, I had a stage2 and the still swapped the injectors.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Rorza

Apr 3, 2011
Nuneaton
good to know a few were stage 2. i waited for seat to do them before stage 2 thinking i wouldn't get the problem again oh well just my luck

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
Seat at Coventry have been known in the past to sell mapped cars, 3+ years ago.

They also have sold models with vinyl raps and other items so I wouldn't be suprised if they spotted your mods.

Your argument should be the map is on the ecu and nothing to do with an injector failure.

And if the little mouthy pric# with the dumb hair cut is still on the service desk, then give him the opportunity to talk some cr@p before you ask to speak to the dealer principle.

Ps read the sale of goods act and remember you have 6 years to go back and ask for a repair.. F.O.C.

Rorza

Apr 3, 2011
Nuneaton
Seat at Coventry have been known in the past to sell mapped cars, 3+ years ago.

They also have sold models with vinyl raps and other items so I wouldn't be suprised if they spotted your mods.

Your argument should be the map is on the ecu and nothing to do with an injector failure.

And if the little mouthy pric# with the dumb hair cut is still on the service desk, then give him the opportunity to talk some cr@p before you ask to speak to the dealer principle.

Ps read the sale of goods act and remember you have 6 years to go back and ask for a repair.. F.O.C.

cheers mate. think i may print it off and take it with me lol

Rorza

Apr 3, 2011
Nuneaton
UPDATE: ok bad news the cars been looked over by seat coventry today and because they're w**kers they sed its not my injectors but the cylinder head has low compression and has a misfire so i called my garage who i use and they said sounds like bs just to get more money from me to basically pay for there labour charges. so im getting the main bloke from my garage to go and get it as he'll know better than me whats the problem if any. seat have but original injectors back in but om getting a New injector 3 and if that sorts it Will get on to seat UK if seat are telling the truth unlikely then my garage says it could be the remap has been wiped so another 400+£. any ideas what else if could be? and my title still stands 1500 New gearbox clutch driveshaft less than 2 months ago dpf problems and now this in 9 months im losing so much money having this car. sorry for the rant just soooo pissed off

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.