Ibiza 2010 Boot won't open!

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Ok folks an update for you on our lovely Boot issue. As mentioned above I was waiting until after lockdown to get the issue I hoped finally resolved - to prevent the need for reading all the above 2 garages told me the issue is water ingress via the tailgate glass seal meaning removal of spoiler and glass(solution new seal). So I have visited 2 bodyshops in the last week the 1st were not keen to do the job when then saw the spoiler was bonded on and suggested I try another bodyshop. I then went to a very well respected bodyshop I have used for my MR2 and they will take on the job but 'warned' that removing a VAG bonded spoiler is easier said than done and they had a Golf where they ended up snapping the spoiler. So worse case a new spoiler and paint required. Well the spoiler is £500 + paint from SEAT so bit of a risk.
Last night I thought I would pop to Auto Windscreens and get their view. 2 of their top technicians looked at it and are adamant the glass seal is fine (slight delamination on the edge of the glass that's all). The wiper hole is also well sealed. There is however water marks around the rear lock, so there thoughts are it may be the boot seal rather than the glass seal. So next step is for me to take off the interior trim and see what I make of it. I also get some water poured on to the hatch while I am inside to see if I can see anything.

Flipping pain!

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Ok folks an update for you on our lovely Boot issue. As mentioned above I was waiting until after lockdown to get the issue I hoped finally resolved - to prevent the need for reading all the above 2 garages told me the issue is water ingress via the tailgate glass seal meaning removal of spoiler and glass(solution new seal). So I have visited 2 bodyshops in the last week the 1st were not keen to do the job when then saw the spoiler was bonded on and suggested I try another bodyshop. I then went to a very well respected bodyshop I have used for my MR2 and they will take on the job but 'warned' that removing a VAG bonded spoiler is easier said than done and they had a Golf where they ended up snapping the spoiler. So worse case a new spoiler and paint required. Well the spoiler is £500 + paint from SEAT so bit of a risk.
Last night I thought I would pop to Auto Windscreens and get their view. 2 of their top technicians looked at it and are adamant the glass seal is fine (slight delamination on the edge of the glass that's all). The wiper hole is also well sealed. There is however water marks around the rear lock, so there thoughts are it may be the boot seal rather than the glass seal. So next step is for me to take off the interior trim and see what I make of it. I also get some water poured on to the hatch while I am inside to see if I can see anything.

Flipping pain!
Hey Pal, im feeling your pain. My moms car still hsving issue, but i forgpt about it as she lives elsewhere, but mot is coming up next month, she should be coming round today and I am planning on doing the same thing you are, get in boot with trim off and see where it is getting in. So hopefully can get some info to give back to you. Did you ever go to seat and she how much they said it would cpst to remove spoiler and replace the windscreen seal?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Hey Robb, hope you dont mind me high- jacking the thread abit but may be everyone can benefit. So i sprayed all ovwr the back of the car to check for leaks and surprisingly it was bone dry. I hace noticed now that their is no motor noise anymore when pressing the switch it just clicks (see video)
. Also not sure if this is normal or not but when pressing the switch you can hear a clicking coming from underneath the steering wheel foot well (see video:
). I thought it may have been a fuse but checked for continuty with my multimeter set to beep and they all checked out. Could the wiper motor be the next issue causing this as mentioned previously by someone???

Any help aporeciated.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk