Ibiza Cupra buy now or wait for new facelift

Thor_Asgard

Jan 28, 2007
Somerset,UK
Guys,

I am looking for some general advice.
I currently have a Leon FR (Company car) which will be going back in a few months and i will not be having another company car as the selection is to restrictive.

I want to stick to Seat and would love a ibiza cupra.
Within the next month or two i need to purchase / order my new vehicle.
So the big question for me is, order the current ibiza cupra with the 1.4TSI engine or wait for the new ibiza cupra that should be available after the Frankfurt Motor Show.

The current ibiza cupra has all the toys i need, but will the new one have that level of tech ?
Or will i have to spend more to get that level of tech, i do have a limited budget.

So this is my problem.
Any advice or views would be gratefully appreciated [B)]

britishsligean

Dec 23, 2014
Ireland
You are better off buying now, you can probably use the fact that there is a new facelift coming out to your advantage and get a few quid knocked off as dealers will be wanting to get shot of the older model whilst they can

a22tenc

Jan 21, 2015
Well the new cupra comes with the 1.8 TSI 192hp, redesigned interior with better materials, driver profile (comfort and sport), apple carplay, android auto and seat driveapp. Apart from that it's the same thing.

If it was me I would buy the new one just for the engine.

Purch123

May 6, 2014
New cupra will be nicer inside and has more torque with manual. But I absolutely love my twin charger, full of character. I have no doubt the 1.8 will be cracking though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd say "wait" if only for the next model to become available to order.

I've normally found that car dealers are not too interested in the "next model" until it is available and they have one as a demo car. The reason being, why would they want to be left with a shed load of old spec cars that would need to get knocked down in price to clear.

So, wait, but maybe wait until there is stock to clear at sensible prices, or if you can't find one that suits you from old model stock, buy the new model.

Maybe use Orange Wheels, Car Wow or Drive The Deal to get you a better deal with the old models as you will be going in with no trade in.

Your timescales might dictate that you will just need to do what fits in time wise though, which could be another of life's missed opportunities !

Buying old models during run-out period is fine when you are buying to keep long term, in my case, buying my secondhand Audi S4 was determined by the disappearing number of them that had manual trans, which I wanted.

Thor_Asgard

Jan 28, 2007
Somerset,UK
I'd say "wait" if only for the next model to become available to order.

I've normally found that car dealers are not too interested in the "next model" until it is available and they have one as a demo car. The reason being, why would they want to be left with a shed load of old spec cars that would need to get knocked down in price to clear.

So, wait, but maybe wait until there is stock to clear at sensible prices, or if you can't find one that suits you from old model stock, buy the new model.

Maybe use Orange Wheels, Car Wow or Drive The Deal to get you a better deal with the old models as you will be going in with no trade in.

Your timescales might dictate that you will just need to do what fits in time wise though, which could be another of life's missed opportunities !

Buying old models during run-out period is fine when you are buying to keep long term, in my case, buying my secondhand Audi S4 was determined by the disappearing number of them that had manual trans, which I wanted.

Thanks for the advice RUM4MO.

I have to order my new car by the end of November.
My local seat dealer is a small dealer and they don't have much in the way of stock and no Ibiza cupra's at all, so I've not even test drove one yet

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.