Ibiza Cupra Tdi boost issue

Feb 18, 2019
Hi Folks,

Bought an Ibiza PD160 back in Feb, great wee car which i got for a good price because it had a few faults of which one (Power Steering fail) i got fixed thanks to the great info from this forum. However i still remain with one issue.

When accelerating from low revs say 1500rpm in 2nd gear WOT the boost doesn't seem to kick in at 2k properly, its almost like its non turbo charged along with that a fair amount of smoke is chucked out.

if i accelerate when the cars already sitting at 2k it hits boost perfectly and goes off like a rocket.

The car also smells fairly oily when you start it up initially and seems quite smoky but quickly disappears once out on a run.

The turbo also makes a police siren noise at low revs but the previous owner said its been doing that since it was refurbished and it never affected the performance.

I've tried cleaning the EGR valve out but doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
The turbo also makes a police siren noise at low revs but the previous owner said its been doing that since it was refurbished and it never affected the performance.

For me that would be where I'd start. Police siren noise is classic for a blown turbo (along with chucking loads of smoke out the back). Any ideas where he got it refurbished? Was a receipt provided for the work done?