Ibiza fault help?

mickywat55

Jan 18, 2012
What would be the most likely cause of me losing my speedo along with the abs, handbrake and power steering light coming on? And my fuel gauge is reading less then it should? I've found switching it off and on a temporary solution

Cheers

Car is a mk4 1.9 Ibiza

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
Have you trying putting a basic OBDII code reader on it and seeing if there are any codes displayed? Might give you a headstart on what to look for.

mickywat55

Jan 18, 2012
Have you trying putting a basic OBDII code reader on it and seeing if there are any codes displayed? Might give you a headstart on what to look for.

No I haven't got near a garage yet they've only recently got back opened again I taught I'd ask here see would anyone have experienced something similar

Teknalogique

Jan 26, 2020
Sounds like an issue with a module,or potentially loose electrics, but it's really not easy to say without looking.
If you can't get to a garage, consider buying a £10 Bluetooth OBD scanner from Amazon or somewhere, and use the Torque app on an Android device to scan for any codes.

Reactions: Woody_72

mickywat55

Jan 18, 2012
Just a quick update the fault has been found turns out I put a directional tyre on the wrong side of the car with out noticing *facepalm* lol

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
Just a quick update the fault has been found turns out I put a directional tyre on the wrong side of the car with out noticing *facepalm* lol
I'd like to know how that would cause the faults you listed...

mickywat55

Jan 18, 2012
Sorry for the late reply but apparently the directional tyre was the fault because since it's been changed to the correct side and having just cleared the faults with a vagcom and nothing else it's not come back I couldn't believe it myself it was a complete punt at the time I'm happy anyway lol

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
It’ll be because you cleared the faults mate nothing to do with the tyre facing the wrong way. I was wondering myself how the tyres can stop the symptoms you had then now you e said you’ve reset the codes it all makes sense. Glad it’s sorted fingers crossed it doesn’t come back on.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.