Ibiza head unit

hardkore

hey guys.

Right my parents just brought my sisters y reg seat ibiza 1.4 for me for my first car. Now im thinking of buying a sub and amp for it cos i listen 2 alot of music. First thing is does the ibiza head unit have any preouts on it? Also if it hasnt how the hell do i put a new head unit in because by the looks of it, it seems to be very intergrated into the dash. Basically what will i need to do to wire up a sub and amp?

any help will be usefull.

Cheers [B)]

NowGottaIbizaMk5

Feb 5, 2005
Beverley
do a search for other threads. i got a 6x cd changer for the boot. look on the left hand side at floor level in the boot, just under the carpet and yoiu should see a cable and flat connector for it.

Harry's cupra

What to do
Oct 8, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
Standard unit doesn't have any pre outs only a multi changer connector in the boot, alpine do something which allows you to connect one of the headunits to the car and you then have to have the head unit somewhere else which is rubbish!!!!
Or you can always get cutting and remove the standard unit and fit an after market one like i did

hardkore

Right so i can just wire the amp to a cable and a flat connector in the boot? I dont really want to go ripping things out the dash at this point as i dont exactly have a great deal of money and im bound to screw it up. I might just take it down halfords and get them to fit all of it, job done. hopefully neways :confused:

Alien

Nov 11, 2004
i got a 1.4 ibiza, i had that problem at first. however the solution is to use an adapter that the uses signals from your rear speaker wires from the head unit. i had mine done by a pro and he hooked up without using the rear speaker wires, he managed to get it straight from the head unit. he hooked the remote wire to the ignition so it only works when my car electrics are on. the adapter is only bout a tenner. think its called a high low level filter adapter am not sure. hope this helps.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Or do like I did, sling in a Sub tube that runs off your two rear speakers, does the job, doesn't weigh a ton either. Turn Bass down on headunit, and treble up, turn SUb sensitivity up, sounds great, not car show great but great all the same.

All you need do is run remote wire and main power to battery, put a switch into Remote Wire, and ground the tube to the seatbelt nut.
Jobs a good un.

Mike

hardkore

argh!!! for christ sake. Right so my only real choice is to split the 2 rear speakers for the sub? How much is the quality down from say a normal HU with preouts? Seriously cheesed off :censored:

Alien

Nov 11, 2004
mines not that bad. unless your one of those that can tell the slightest difference in quality then i dont really think u ll really noticed. u dont need to put a switch on the remote wire cos you can wire it up to your ignition. dont ask me how cos i had to pay someone to do mine.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.