Ibiza MPG

gaffer1986

This post is to directly compare MPG of all Ibiza's.

As we know, the claimed economy figures are somewhat optimistic and some cars can get closer to the claim figures than others.

Please provide engine variant, average economy and what the car is mainly used for.

I will start:

Ibiza SC 1.6 TDI CR - 42.3 mpg - mainly used around town for driving tuition.

Last edited:

naxtek

The old engine in my Bocanegra used to get between 35mpg and 40mpg on the trip computer long term. It would depend on weather and my driving.

My new engine - it's too early to tell.

While it was being replaced I had an Ibiza 1.4 85ps SE courtesy car and it was no better than my bocanegra - it only managed about 35mpg in these wintery conditions! I was expecting better as my girlfriend has a Hyundai i20 and the naturally aspirated 1.4 in that returns mid-to-high 40s even in these conditions!

Seat-Ibiza-jake

Sep 16, 2012
I have a 1.2 TSI FR (facelift) and I usually get on a good run to work... 50MPG.

Thats a mix of country roads and section of the A1. Its 11 miles total and can be heavy traffic. I just steady away at 50 - 55 MPH on cruise control.

If I'm feeling like I want to put my foot down. it can go to the low 30's high 20's obviously depending on how hard I'm pushing the car... but overall mix of driving styles and roads I'd say 40 - 45MPG at best.

:D

Beazy

Sep 21, 2011
Cupra:

Long motorway run at 70 will return 47ish mpg. Up and down to work is around 42 - 45ish mpg depending on traffic, it's a mix of town and A road.

Generally it's quite good on fuel if I'm not being heavy footed.

This was from a full tank (52L) It's went down from 500ish to 450 as I got a bit carried away yesterday with some friends :whistle:

I do believe 500 can be achieved :)

20130125_100231.jpg

Aug 3, 2011
3241miles to a tank in my Cupra TSI

;)

Average when I did some testing was 35.31mpg I had done 312miles so far and the light had just came on iirc. Unvented tank. Potentially add another 50-70miles to that(wouldnt wana test that though!) all in the city.

On a constant run, high 40s.

Flat out mine does 7mpg.

garybuttle

Oct 27, 2011
1.6 tdi sport, average over 27000 miles of 56.2 mpg. have had a high of 67.3 on a roads sticking to max speed limits.Brilliant on fuel. These are real figures calculated from fill up to fill up, as the trip computer is way out.

ethtechno

Oct 18, 2012
Leeds
Im not going to lie about my mpg, I don't push hard on accel at all but my drive is 4 miles to work in the morning and thats crawling, and I dont really go on the motorway so only go up to about 40mph usually and getting around 33MPG (ibiza fr 1.2 tsi facelift).

DJMartin07

I own a 2012 1.2 TSi SC FR, and i'm getting on average 45 mpg. Doing at best 380 miles from a full tank. Even trying with 97ron fuel now too.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Cupra:

Long motorway run at 70 will return 47ish mpg. Up and down to work is around 42 - 45ish mpg depending on traffic, it's a mix of town and A road.

This was from a full tank (52L) It's went down from 500ish to 450 as I got a bit carried away yesterday with some friends :whistle:

20130125_100231.jpg

had 600 out of a vented tank driving back from germany before.

Iperry

I've averaged 28mpg in the 2 weeks I've had my cupra. all city and backroads. though on the motorway coming home from picking it up i got 52mpg on cruise at 65 ish. not bad tbh. i don't do a lot of miles as work from home. my 1.6 vtec eg was quite a bit worse around town around 18-20mpg and at best 44. my old 328i was ridiculous on fuel £10 around 20miles!.

insanejim69

Ibiza 1.4TSi FR DSG
Jan 10, 2013
Aberdeen, Scotland
2009 Seat Ibiza 1.4 TSi FR DSG with 23K miles on the clock , 100% town driving for the last 300 miles = 34.9MPG.

Late last year went on a wee run of around 400+ miles, and easilly done that on less than 1 tank of fuel and returned around 49MPG.

Also to note all of my driving is NOT ECO !! I drive how I drive and thats it. :)

TBF on the car, I find its blend of nippyness and fuel economy a good balance. I mean 0-60mph in just over 7secs isn't fast by any means, but its quick for such a small car. Add to that the fun factor and the cheap insurance (£230 a year) and cheap road tax. Can see me holding onto it for the next few months then changing it again at 10 months old as usual :)

James

:)

Last edited:
Cupra:

20130125_100231.jpg

500 miles in a cupra?

jesus, i must be doing something wrong :(

Ben-ibizaFR

Sep 23, 2012
Preston
2009 Seat Ibiza 1.4 TSi FR DSG with 23K miles on the clock , 100% town driving for the last 300 miles = 34.9MPG.

Late last year went on a wee run of around 400+ miles, and easilly done that on less than 1 tank of fuel and returned around 49MPG.

Also to note all of my driving is NOT ECO !! I drive how I drive and thats it. :)

TBF on the car, I find its blend of nippyness and fuel economy a good balance. I mean 0-60mph in just over 7secs isn't fast by any means, but its quick for such a small car. Add to that the fun factor and the cheap insurance (£230 a year) and cheap road tax. Can see me holding onto it for the next few months then changing it again at 10 months old as usual :)

James

:)

If you don't mind me asking, why do you change your car at 10months ? :)

Apr 28, 2012
gravesend
This post is to directly compare MPG of all Ibiza's.

As we know, the claimed economy figures are somewhat optimistic and some cars can get closer to the claim figures than others.

Please provide engine variant, average economy and what the car is mainly used for.

I will start:

Ibiza SC 1.6 TDI CR - 42.3 mpg - mainly used around town for driving tuition.

Hey matey i have exact same.car as yours im always averaging over 52npg all the time.but.odd couple.of occassions ive only ended.up about 48mpg

gaffer1986

Hey matey i have exact same.car as yours im always averaging over 52npg all the time.but.odd couple.of occassions ive only ended.up about 48mpg

My Car is predominantly used for driving tuition and it's not uncommon to have lessons with economy of around 35 mpg (practicing reversing is not economical). When the car is up to temp and I reset the trip computer between pupils I can achieve into the 60s on urban roads. However driving at 70 mph rarely sees more than 45 mpg.

The first 15 mins of driving after a cold start in the recent cold snap has been very uneconomical, I struggle to get over 40 mpg on the way to my first pupil.

Unfortunately hybrids don't have clutches, hybrids are very economical in stop start / reversing driving.

phil750

Jul 24, 2012
I have 1.2tsi i only put 97 fuel into it and use fuel additive stuff

in the week i get around 36/37 but that is a 3 mile trip to work in stop start traffic.

If i go longer trip i get much better, visiting my gf at uni which 50 miles i average around 45
which is motorway and country road,

The 2 big trips ive done to wales and leeds i average around 50mpg.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.