ibiza radio

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
I have the 'vibe' model aswell and i dont seem to have the cd cable in my boot either. Ive pretty much pilled all the carpet off the arch and the bottom over the spare wheel. The h/u has the option for a cd changer so im a lil confused, can any1 confirm if the vibe has the cd changer cable?

DaveIbizaS

best way to check imo is just unscrew the facia, unscrew the tape player and pull it out. If you have a 8 pin mini iso (should be blue) plugged in the back then you have a cable. Just a matter of hunting around the boot area to find it.

I have one however i bought a cd changer from apparently out of a cupra which turned out to be a Kenwood changer which has a different connector.

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
I think i might do that this week then cos i like the sound of that cheap ipod setup with the tape connector, im guna give it a go!

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
You can't take out the radio and ad a CD player one like on normal cars... you have 2 options, 1 add cd Changer in boot, there might be a cable tucked away under the carpet or 2 fit an CD head unit under the steering wheel in the little cubby whole.... or actually there's a 3rd, rip the std head unit to bits and makeshift a CD player one... a couple of peeps on here have done that...

pontiac_andy

Sep 28, 2007
good-times.webshots.com
i have had a look at the back of the unit,there are five connections,yellow,green blue,black and brown,
in the boot i found a lead on the left hand side at top of strut with two wires push connector???

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
That sounds like the same connector i have, but from the pictures ive seen of the cd changer cable its not big enough and not enough pins?

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Yeah davidibizas says it is. Im guna have a strip search of my boot in tuesday so i can settle it once and for all, lol. I got my hands on a tastey 12 disc changer i wuna put in. Gota buy a connects2 adaptor to fit the non seat changer tho.

pontiac_andy

Sep 28, 2007
good-times.webshots.com
well i have found the lead but now i need the part number for the cd changer.
the other lead i was talking about was for the boot light there was no light there now i have got one from a scrap car

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Ah right at least i know i can fit a light there now, could really do with it on these dark mornings and nights! Did you manage to find the cd changed cable then? Where abouts in the boot is it and how hidden is it? Have a search on ebay for the cd changer part number, theres usually a few floating around. Would probably be listed under a VW cd changer tho.

shaunmc263

Did you manage to find the cd changed cable then? Where abouts in the boot is it and how hidden is it?

Its usually under the carpet on the left side
best thing to do is lift out the boot carpet then lift the carpet up from the wheel arch on the left side

ossy2004

May 5, 2004
Belfast
as stated....the lead will be located on the left hand side under the carpet...the carpet has a circular hole half cut to let wire come through when need to. the SEAT 6 disc changers will fit straight in to the lead whereas a Sony T69 will need the connect2 connection lead.

pontiac_andy

Sep 28, 2007
good-times.webshots.com
thats correct i found mine on the left side under the wheel arch carpet,
does anyone know the part number
i thought is was 1J6 035 111 or 1j5 035 111a
but according to the local dealer he told me 1j05057111a

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.