Ibiza speaker recommendations...

chopper-lew

Jan 29, 2011
Helensburgh, Scotland
If there's one thing that hacks me off about the daily running of my Ibiza, it's the sound quality from the factory standard speakers, especially after being spoilt from a full surround BOSE system before LOL.

Anyway, I have a Cupra TDi, and I believe the speakers are 6.5" pairs front and rear (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Any recommendations on something I could fit for less than £50 a pair that will slot straight into the standard fittings? Not too fussed about massive bass as I hope to fit a small-ish boot mounted sub in the near future, so looking for more clarity than anything else

Any recommendations?

:think:

Last edited:

tel19

Jul 20, 2009
ramsgate
hi, I've just changed mine for a set of JBL off ebay inc spacers for approx 40.00...much better sound and increased bass

chopper-lew

Jan 29, 2011
Helensburgh, Scotland
Cheers.

I actually just took a punt and bought 2 x 6.5 inch JBL GTO series 3 ways to go in the rear speakers as they sound truly crap so anything would be an improvement. £29.99 from car audio direct.

The next step is a Active sub in the boot. Quite like the look of the FLI 12" 1200w. Can get them for less than £100.

And then finally, I plan to replace the factory front door speakers with a set of components for about £70.

Total audio makeover for less than £200 :D

Curtiz

Aug 24, 2011
Northern Ireland, Belfast
I just got Alpine Headunit along with Alpine Type E Speakers front and rear (with front tweeters) cause the standard system was awful and I blew a speakers about a year ago, couldn't stand it anymore. Hopefully getting everything fitted in about 2 weeks. Was £50 for front speakers with tweeters and about £32 for the rear speakers. My mate works with ICE and said they perform as well as some speakers worth 3 times the price....hope he's right, looking forward to getting everything fitted

Curtiz

Aug 24, 2011
Northern Ireland, Belfast
Had Alpine Type R's with components in my old civic that's cost about £130 and a Pioneer headunit which all got stolen about 10 days after being fitted so I wouldn't be spending a fortune on ICE anymore cause that bought a tear to my eye lol. As long as the Type E's are better than standard I'll be more than happy