Ibiza weight loss = back breaking speed

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
Hi guys,

Just stripped my ibiza of all seats apart from the drivers one and all interior panels apart from the dash in order for it all to be skinned in leather. And what can i say? My car has turned from a really potent machine into something else all together. It's a whole lot faster, almost frightening in fact, and also feels a bit more nimble.

Trouble is I'm not going to want to put all the interior back in!!

Just wondering, is ibiza weight loss a viable option without losing all my seats? is there a company who could do it? and how would it affect insurance?

Or... do you generally think that there are better ways to improve performance?

Those seats weigh a bloody ton by the way lol

Your opinions would be appreciated...

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
i have my spare wheel and jack etc out in place a canof foam! the backend feeels soo better when the whole back seats etc are out it f'ing flys

i would love recaros buckets with stripped out back that would wiegh under 1100kg and have 200bhp+ .........goodbye!! :)

T. Spark

El Fast As f00k then :D

I notice a difference with people in the car, and things... so everything out must be a laugh!

I dont have a spare at the moment, and tho my car is knackered it still is fast :D

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
how about the selt belt mechanisms on the rear seats! bet they wiegh bout 5-10kgs each!

i took a girl out in it the other day and she was screaming with the speed in 2nd gear! when we ;picked up her mum her big cousin and a couple of suitcases she said " show them the power !" i put my foot down, well the car deffo didn't go as fast! they kinda went :shrug: i recon a saving off 100kg+ would shave more than a second off your 0-100 time! or 15-20bhp??

and a increase off my situation 75*3 plus 30kg = 235kg you can guess!

weight is everything

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members