Identifying a Rockingham Cage

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
Anyone here know how to identify a Rockingham cage? I know they were in mk3 Ibizas originally, but the people on here that had them all had them in mk2s as far as I know, so I thought I may have more joy in this forum.

I have just bought this
ve9SZTj.jpg

The seller did not know much about it, but he thought it had been in a yellow SEAT of some description which was one of a number used on track. After they were finished with, the cages were removed before the cars were sold. Clearly this sounds like the story with the Rockingham cars, and the cage resembles pictures I have found on here, but are there any distinguishing features I should look out for to confirm whether or not this as a Rockingham cage?

Kustard

Jan 25, 2020
Looks very similar mate. The only difference i see is the "b" post feet are different

Kustard

Jan 25, 2020
After asking about, it turns out that the feet on them have all been added on by previously owners so i would say you've got yourself one of the famous rockingham cages there mate. Welcome to the club haha.

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
After asking about, it turns out that the feet on them have all been added on by previously owners so i would say you've got yourself one of the famous rockingham cages there mate. Welcome to the club haha.
Thanks for that. I thought when I bought it that the owner's story had too many similarities with the Rockingham cages for it not to be one, and I checked the dimensions against my other Ibiza cages, but it is nice to be more certain.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.