Idle rpm´s on a toledo 2.3 v5 AQN

gmcompu

Hi friends,
As i posted in presentations, tomorrow i will get my toledo 2.3 v5.
I´m curious that the car is idling near 500 rpms (May be 550 or 600)
This is normal, in my past cars it was between 750 to 900 rpm.
Thank you!

mayfair86

Jan 8, 2012
that sounds about right, i think thats about what mine sits at. Sometimes when warm it can sound a bit lumpy on idle, as though it has harsh cams but on full chat it runs and sounds amazing :)

gmcompu

Thank you mayfair!
The engine is running pretty fine!
Just wondering cause my other cars where idling around 800rpm.

toledo sport

Aug 27, 2006
I hope you are enjoying the 2.3 v5 . Is it the 150 bhp or 170 bhp lump .As i was thinking of getting one, but i bought a mk2 toledo 1.8 turbo instead , what mpg are you getting?

gmcompu

Toledo sport;
Mine is 170bhp. i'm enjoying it a lot.
I'm getting 22.5MPG in 100% city driving with terrific traffic, and 32mpg, on highways.
If i drive at 60mp/h i'm getting 40mpg on highways, and at 80 mph i'm getting 31Mpg.
I hope it helps, sorry for answering late.

chrismcl85

I have the 150bhp version. I am getting about 26mpg when I drive it sensibly (there is no fun in that though). On motorways/highways I can get 58mpg (again driving sensibly). When I drive like I normally do I get about 19-20mpg in the town. Haven't really gone for it on motorways yet. Too many speed camera's where I am.

Rrains2014

My new toledo v5

I bought my v5 2003 couple of days ago had a few issues that needed sorting, maf, lambda sensor but it is a real monster and I love it

MaskellV5

I have an AQN aswell and mine sits about 500rpm but can be lumpy when hot, seems like it's just they way they are! My old golf vr6 used to ideal around the same aswell and both cars have been absolutely fine!

AD86

May 19, 2014
The idle on mine is a little bump lumpy too, put it down to the 3 v 2 piston arrangement.

hsotoledo

Well I've got the 2.3 20v and a very very very heavy right foot n. I'm getting 16.8 mpg but would prob get better but damn I love it when I put my foot down hehe

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise