*Important* Forum Maintenance tonight from 7pm

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Just to let you all know, that the forum, will be turned off this evening for about an hour or so. We need to do some maintenance, and preparation work for the transfer to the new server, which we now have access to. :)

Sorry for the disruption, but it will be well worth it for the benefits of the new fast server. [B)]

Were aiming to turn it off around 7pm, it maybe earlier, it maybe later, but just so you know.

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Excellent timing Z.

For the first time in ages I seem to have a life, so I wouldn't have been on anyway.

It's quiz night at the pub :funk: We might win if no-one else turns up :D

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
:blink: You can't switch it off... That means I'm going to have to do some proper work then instead of spending my time on SCN. :blink:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Back online now guys

Sterling effort by Martyn - we backed up the old database, then copied it to the new server, which took a while.

New version of VB installed on old server, and then we found there's a slow link on t'interweb, so the database is still running on the old server in the US at the moment.

On the other front the new site is installed, and I spent some time creating some of the catergories and sections for news/guides/links/wallpaper etc - and really once that's complete & we've created all the ftp & email accounts on the server we can swap over.

It'll be hella fast :)

Thanks for your patience, and thanks for not pestering me all night on MSN.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Hope nobody resorted to the bottle. ;)

Good job by Marts tonight, sorry for the downtime, but its unfortunately neccersary to make the changes needed.

All be worth it in the end though. :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Vicky M said:
ps, where's all my fonts gone :confused: ????????????

Looks like the fonts are disabled at the moment, bear with us, things are likely to be a bit flakey for a short period while everything is sorted out.

Its not as easy as flicking a switch. Takes a lot of work, Martyn has been at it most of the day.

ZBOYD said:
Looks like the fonts are disabled at the moment, bear with us, things are likely to be a bit flakey for a short period while everything is sorted out.

Its not as easy as flicking a switch. Takes a lot of work, Martyn has been at it most of the day.

cheers, Z, was a question more than a gripe.
all hats off to all you guys who do the back-breaking work in supplying this facility.

are you all coming to Brands for the touring cars?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Well Mark is getting married in April, so he'll be in Vegas when its Brands, im hoping to come down.

The font issue by the way, is becuase the older forum software's template for the edit box, seems to be incompitable with the latest version, so we'll have to tweak it. But looks like we have a lot of tweaking to do. :p

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise