Impossible Performance custom remap

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had their SEAT remaped by Mike at Impossible Performance?

One of the Briskoda members told me he customises the upsolute chip to a cars spec, so I called him and he said he could do mine for about £100 as I bought upsolute from them.

So if anyone has had any experience with it I would love to hear your opinions.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
Impossible Performance - Impossible Service more like - they messed me around for 9weeks when I was trying to get an ARB - lies after lies - we'll call you back, yeh right - when I finally got sick of them it took 2 more tries to get my money back - set LLoyds bank on them in the end

Personally I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole

Rob

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
When Mike fitted my Upsolute, I was very impressed with them. Mike was very helpful and friendly. I've phoned him numerous times after the fitment with queries and he's been more than happy to help.

Maybe you were just unlucky?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
My mate has been back and for there loads to have his BT conversion sorted on his golf, they dont seem that impressive to me.

Messed up his quiaffe box, uprated clutch and has only run right for about 2 months in 2 years.

Not on my list of good companies.

farmer boy

I have dealt with him a few times for bits, some times he's very helpful and sorts things staight away and other times you have to ring him every hour till you get what you want.

I've seen one of there turbo conversions, it isn't pretty.

bgasmatt

Feb 3, 2008
i have just had to re build my engine due to one off his maps not saying too much as i am waiting for the engineers reports so i can take it to court to get my money back i have had to spend on the car to get it back on the road.

i tryer to speak to mike man to man and said we can settle this easy if he puts a contribution towards the fix but a big fat no looks like i will be the 3rd trading standards complaint from what i have heard.

my mate had an evo 7 taken there for a fuel pump and he didnt evan fit it and charged him for it lukily my m8 managed it had not been changed b4 upping the boost

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Well I went for the custom map and mike did a top job, car feels rapid!

So did you start the thread for the opinions of others, or to tell us you got a map there and you're pleased with it?

If I was in your shoes now I'd be cacking it based on above reading.

I'd never risk my pride and joy for a non branded remapping agent, particularly if I couldn't find numerous good reports or a history of long term technical development / racing involvement. A map is as much about longevity as it is about a power boost today.

Last edited:

bgasmatt

Feb 3, 2008
if you see how high he makes cars boost compared to other maps it is a bit worrying.

the thing that has really wound me up is i tried to settel things easily and he refuse.

now i am aware we all make mistakes but what makes a good company in that respect is how good they are at putting it right and i can say mike dont give a s£%t.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
So did you start the thread for the opinions of others, or to tell us you got a map there and you're pleased with it?

If I was in your shoes now I'd be cacking it based on above reading.

I'd never risk my pride and joy for a non branded remapping agent, particularly if I couldn't find numerous good reports or a history of long term technical development / racing involvement. A map is as much about longevity as it is about a power boost today.

I started the thread for opinions but then I decided to go ahead with the custom map after recommendation from other sites so reported back that I was pleased.

I had the map for 2+ years and I thought it was really good and it made very good RR results. The boost was a moderate 18psi and I believe the current owner of my car is still happy.

I have heard numerous bad reports of his work so perhaps he was just having a good day when he mapped my car :p

Last edited:

westallc

Jan 25, 2009
hello mate i have my skoda mapped by him and its a very good map but his workmanship and customer service is very poor......

by the way if you go there now you will see he is no longer in buisness!!!!! make what you want of that aswell

good buisness dont close down

his mapping is okay but i would never have any engine work carried out by him full stop have seen some horror stories.

westallc

Jan 25, 2009
mapping from his home!!! wouldnt class that as a move of premises i.e no rr etc etc

as i said i really like his maps but the rest is a shambles and why he has no money and is struggling for buisness:(

bgasmatt

Feb 3, 2008
he has not closed down mate is moving 1 mile up the road to 0ne big workshop insted of 2 small ones and the rolling road is going with him. he is intermerged with rapid chariots they own the dyno and ramps ect. but he is still running as a buisness.

spoke to him today cause need to send the engineers reports off too him cause i want the money back i have had to spend on my full re build.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Don't know why he's arguing.. If he's tossed up, he'll just claim from his Professional Indemnity Insurance.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.