... in with the new

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Ah Dunstable, I play adult footy in MK and everyone knows everyone, so if you'd been an MK team I'd have definitely run into you at some point.
Last time I ran into someone in resulted in a red card!:roflmao:

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
SEAT behind the curve a bit with the radar sensor. Some people suffer line of sight issues as it's situated slightly behind the grill. VW new design has it within the VW badge on the front which looks much cleaner. We can't complain too much though, even the new Porsche Cayenne and Lamborghini Urus has ugly looking radars and you could buy a fleet of Cupra's for one of those!

If I could take everything the 300 does and put it in my 280 then I'd be happy, prefer the look of the pre facelift. Also prefer the 5 door to the 3 door but different strokes for different folk as they say. Be boring if we all liked the same thing :)

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
Nice car mate

Having done something similar (280 to 300) nice to see others doing the same haha.

Dont know what the 290 was like, but the steering feels a lot lighter in the 300 than the 280, putting it down to tyres atm. But noticed a fair difference

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Yeah I thought the same, kind of put it down to the car just being new at the minute, but my 290 only had 11k on it when it went, so it was hardly old.

One thing I do love is the ambient lighting and being able to choose the colour... quite a childish thing but I like having the blue glow in the cabin to match the car colour

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
On another note... can anyone else notice a power difference atall ?

Cant say i notice really any difference so far, having said that have only had the cupra 300 for 500 miles

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Mines Red to match the car colour too

Mine are red in my black car and I've changed the footwell leds to red to match as well. Why they didn't install colour changing leds in the footwell as well as door cards I will never know.

We can't complain too much though, even the new Porsche Cayenne and Lamborghini Urus has ugly looking radars and you could buy a fleet of Cupra's for one of those!

The radar is the least of the cayenne concerns in the looks department!!! I'd rather have a different cupra for every other day of the week personally.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Mine are red in my black car and I've changed the footwell leds to red to match as well. Why they didn't install colour changing leds in the footwell as well as door cards I will never know.

OK I might be in touch with you for links for the LED's if possible mate - hasn't been dark enough yet for me to realize the footwell lights didnt change colour aswell

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
OK I might be in touch with you for links for the LED's if possible mate - hasn't been dark enough yet for me to realize the footwell lights didnt change colour aswell
There's a link to ones very similar that to those that I bought in his thread. Think I refer to the actual post by Deano. There's also pics of mine and another members too so you can see what they're like.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?posts/4776714/

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
That looks awesome in blue, great looking car!

I'll be going to a 5dr from an SC when I change mine (FR though not a Cupra, I say now....), was thinking of going for a Golf GTi next but with the changes for MY19 on the Leon, esp the move from the 1.8tsi (which I have now) to the 2.0tsi and the standard digital cockpit. I'm still undecided on blue or the met red, saw a new 5dr Cupra in the red the other day and it looked stunning in the flesh so now I'm torn, I have about 6-8 months before I have to make my mind up, one thing for sure though is I will never have a black car again!!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
saw a new 5dr Cupra in the red the other day and it looked stunning in the flesh so now I'm torn,

Go for red. Love mine and in the picture it actually could do with a wash!!
1692ca0f7e718eccdf1c97ea3a44b34e.jpg

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
There's a link to ones very similar that to those that I bought in his thread. Think I refer to the actual post by Deano. There's also pics of mine and another members too so you can see what they're like.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?posts/4776714/

OK I have had a look through and clicked the links, but its all gotten a bit confusing. Do you have the 300 with these footwell lights?

tDpzgP9.jpg

tH6K0Ti.jpg

and did you remove and replace the small surface mount LED?

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
OK I have had a look through and clicked the links, but its all gotten a bit confusing. Do you have the 300 with these footwell lights?

tDpzgP9.jpg

tH6K0Ti.jpg

and did you remove and replace the small surface mount LED?
No mine is fr but same light unit. It's part of he cabin led upgrade you get as part of the convenience pack on the fr. I didn't take anything apart. The whole fitting unclips from the dash and unplug then plug the a3 lights in and clip them back into the dash again. The plugs on the a3 ones are a little tight on the Leon but they will fit (Mine clearly did anyway)

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
No mine is fr but same light unit. It's part of he cabin led upgrade you get as part of the convenience pack on the fr. I didn't take anything apart. The whole fitting unclips from the dash and unplug then plug the a3 lights in and clip them back into the dash again. The plugs on the a3 ones are a little tight on the Leon but they will fit (Mine clearly did anyway)

right ok so you order them from the the website links mentioned but it comes as the whole light unit and you just replace it?

might just sharpee and see how that works for me... :)

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
right ok so you order them from the the website links mentioned but it comes as the whole light unit and you just replace it?

might just sharpee and see how that works for me... :)
Yeah the ones linked by Deano in post 10 are like the ones I bought. Came as complete fitting that you simply replace with the one already in the car. Then turn down the light output with the settings in the infotainment as they're pretty bright whilst driving at night.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.