Infotainment Fail To Start

May 4, 2019
Gentlemen,
OK, it's the first issue I faced with my 500km Seat Ibiza FR)))

It was 41 deg Celsius, I started my engine and normally infotainment shows the Seat FR logo and start its interface.

This time the Seat FR logo appeared and screen switched off automatically, I started it again and same response happened.

Third time pressed on button, Seat FR logo appeared and interface started successfully.

I don't know if I should link this with hot atmosphere and parking in direct sunlight or not (like temperature sensor to disconnect in high temperature to avoid electronic damage or short circuits as contingency)

I will monitor this issue closely and see if it will get repeated or not.

If any one can give some advice, I will be appreciated.

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
Gentlemen,
OK, it's the first issue I faced with my 500km Seat Ibiza FR)))

It was 41 deg Celsius, I started my engine and normally infotainment shows the Seat FR logo and start its interface.

This time the Seat FR logo appeared and screen switched off automatically, I started it again and same response happened.

Third time pressed on button, Seat FR logo appeared and interface started successfully.

I don't know if I should link this with hot atmosphere and parking in direct sunlight or not (like temperature sensor to disconnect in high temperature to avoid electronic damage or short circuits as contingency)

I will monitor this issue closely and see if it will get repeated or not.

If any one can give some advice, I will be appreciated.

Hi. I have a similar issue with my cupra 290. It's 2 months old and when it's been in the sun the infotainment system doesnt recognise the ignition is switched on, sometimes it works and switched off mid way through driving other times I have to manually switch it on with the power button but none of the features work apart from the radio as it thinks the cars turned off.

Works perfectly fine at night/when it's cooler outside. I too am keeping a close eye on it and I might go to the dealers soon

May 4, 2019
Hi. I have a similar issue with my cupra 290. It's 2 months old and when it's been in the sun the infotainment system doesnt recognise the ignition is switched on, sometimes it works and switched off mid way through driving other times I have to manually switch it on with the power button but none of the features work apart from the radio as it thinks the cars turned off.

Works perfectly fine at night/when it's cooler outside. I too am keeping a close eye on it and I might go to the dealers soon
Please let's be in touch regarding this issue, hopefully to keep me updated if you got any info from the dealer

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
The hottest I've ever had my car in the sun (according to the car temperature) was 39degrees last summer in London, but it was only there for 15-20 mins....however no issues, Sat Nav worked just fine, as you can see...

Attachments

• 20180727_124430_resized.jpg
    20180727_124430_resized.jpg
    764.8 KB · Views: 113
May 4, 2019
OK, OK guys.... I tried the same and I had the same issue) .... It's 43 deg.
I switched on the ignition, and this time I had a closer look.
I was so happy by the results. A message appeared on infotainment system stating that, maximum temperature reached, infotainment system will be switched off.
I am relief now))

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
Interesting... sure these are high temperatures for people, but they are perfectly normal for the electronics. It should eventually shut down at 70-90 degrees C. So either some protection circuit is too sensitive, or the radio has extraordinary bad cooling.

May 4, 2019
Interesting... sure these are high temperatures for people, but they are perfectly normal for the electronics. It should eventually shut down at 70-90 degrees C. So either some protection circuit is too sensitive, or the radio has extraordinary bad cooling.
I think this protection circuit works over 40-45 Deg. C inside cabin, once you start engine and turn your A/C on and temperature starts to differ between inside and outside and starts to cool down, infotainment system starts to work normally.
I think in protection circuit design, engineers were thinking they should not push the electronics for the maximum limit as they left some safety margin.
But that would be all assumptions if I didn't saw this message.

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
I am in contact with a nice chap called Alistair over at the dealers. He is chasing the issue up and I am just relaying him information when he needs it. He said there has been an alert about the infotainment cutting out and its to do with a software update. But they don't have the update ready yet.

Yesterday the infotainment system didn't know what it was doing! Turning off telling me to remember my phone, turning on again, then off and back on telling me park pilot wasnt functioning then back off. Finally came on telling me component protection was active. It wouldn't play any music for 5 minutes till it cleared.

May 4, 2019
I am in contact with a nice chap called Alistair over at the dealers. He is chasing the issue up and I am just relaying him information when he needs it. He said there has been an alert about the infotainment cutting out and its to do with a software update. But they don't have the update ready yet.

Yesterday the infotainment system didn't know what it was doing! Turning off telling me to remember my phone, turning on again, then off and back on telling me park pilot wasnt functioning then back off. Finally came on telling me component protection was active. It wouldn't play any music for 5 minutes till it cleared.
Did you tried to re flush firmware - Software?!
Sometimes it just needs full resetting by taking off battery cable and put it back after 10 seconds.
Just make the dealer to try to pull out a correct firmware - software from a functional infotainment system and inject it to yours (that would probably works if no VIN numbers check not written in program codes)

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
I've discovered a new "feature": yesterday I couldn't change the volume. Neither on the radio, nor on the steering wheel; neither to make it louder or quieter. Fortunately the problem is easy to solve by turning the radio off and then back on.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
A lot of the internally mounted computer systems on the aircraft I used to fly were very heat sensitive. Most started to suffer with ambient cabin temperature over 35C and generally failed at around 43-45C. The temps inside the computers were obviously a lot higher.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I think the radio failing would be the least of a humans worries if the temp inside a car was 70-90C

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd think that domestic/commercial aircraft avionics design will be a bit sloppy, you would not find that in military installations.

In cars, old analogue systems worked perfectly well at typical extremely low and typical extremely high ambient temperatures, so what is going on with digital funky "do everything" infotainment system designs - design failure I'd say, must do better VW Group or contract proper ICE companies to do your design work.

Gargi

May 8, 2019
What are you guys talking about!? I just want to know if there is any solution about the problem with the infotainment system of the car!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.