Infotainment Fail To Start

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
It´s normal the infotainment don´t start if it´s very hot inside the car, when I leave the car in the sun I always put a sun protection on the glass and it never happened to me but I have a friend who has the new vw Polo and it has happened to him 2 times.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I'd think that domestic/commercial aircraft avionics design will be a bit sloppy, you would not find that in military installations.

In cars, old analogue systems worked perfectly well at typical extremely low and typical extremely high ambient temperatures, so what is going on with digital funky "do everything" infotainment system designs - design failure I'd say, must do better VW Group or contract proper ICE companies to do your design work.

LOL! They were all military aircraft thanks.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
What are you guys talking about!? I just want to know if there is any solution about the problem with the infotainment system of the car!!!

I was meaning that VW Group need to get a good kicking from their customers, having bits only working when it is not too hot or not too cold is just not right. They know the climates of the markets they are selling their products into, basic failure to get things designed for these climates, not rocket science as they might have you believe!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
What are you guys talking about!? I just want to know if there is any solution about the problem with the infotainment system of the car!!!

Perform a reset of the infotainment system by holding down the on/off button for approx 10 seconds or so until the unit reboots. This has helped with issues I have had in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gargi

May 8, 2019
Perform a reset of the infotainment system by holding down the on/off button for approx 10 seconds or so until the unit reboots. This has helped with issues I have had in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. I did so and two days now it seems to be ok. Although I believe that a defective sd card caused the problem to me. As soon as I removed it and did a reset everything looks fine. I would like to mention that i have the 6.5 inch infotainment.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
UOR, ah, well someone must have agreed to that kit not working 100% - and your supplying contactor went along with it, not always very helpful if it causes issues that are not being addressed further down the line. Surely not BAE Systems?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
UOR, ah, well someone must have agreed to that kit not working 100% - and your supplying contactor went along with it, not always very helpful if it causes issues that are not being addressed further down the line. Surely not BAE Systems?

We had an in house modification department - for adding equipment to the aircraft, not modifying the airframe. Those mods that had an effect on aero or performance had to go through full testing by the manufacturer & Boscombe Down.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
If the OP looks in the specs for his HU it probably has a working temperature range, like most domestic electronics topping out at possibly 40/45C or maybe 120F

I would suggest that if the ambient is 40C+ when getting into the car the the initial interior temp is likley to be 50-60C so way beyond the electronics recommended limit.

Gargi

May 8, 2019
The problem to my car got bigger and bigger. I couldn't drive for more than 10 minutes with the infotainment on. Today I went to the dealership for the second time. And i hope that problem solved. It was a broken cable holder behind the infotainment. It was the one with the can bus cables on it. It couldn't make contact with the infotainment system that's why it made the on off problem.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.