Infotainment not working

Feb 18, 2020
Hey, I’ve got a 2016 mk3 Leon, my battery went flat earlier and since charging it up again the infotainment screen won’t turn on. I’ve changed fuse 10 and 12 in the fuse box behind glove compartment and this has done nothing. It literally won’t turn on at all. Everything else works fine in the car electrically. Any advice?

thanks

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi mate have you held the power button down for awhile to see if the headunit reboots?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
That’s a tuff one. I would do the usual checks by removing the head unit and testing for power at the harness first. That is strange tho.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Sometimes when they overheat they won’t turn on again until they are cool enough.

mine has done this a few times then 10 mins into the journey jumps back into life

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Does the screen in the middle of the dials say 'Infotainment powered off'? I'd get an OBD scanner and check for errors first.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Sometimes when they overheat they won’t turn on again until they are cool enough.

mine has done this a few times then 10 mins into the journey jumps back into life
Aha, had this recently and didn’t know why it had done it, Ta.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Aha, had this recently and didn’t know why it had done it, Ta.
Does the same in winter when it is too cold, again won’t turn on until 10 mins into the journey.

i cannot wait for this to be a major flaw in the mk4 when you can’t turn the heating on cause the infotainment is too cold / hot

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I cannot wait for this to be a major flaw in the mk4 when you can’t turn the heating on cause the infotainment is too cold / hot

I thought the MK4 had sliders for the heater? Which is slightly less idiotic than having the controls in a touchscreen.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Seriously? I thought there were sliders under the screen?

It looks like it in the intro video, but it's not clear if they are 'mechanical'. And (although it may just be my eyesight playing tricks) it appears that they don't light up at night!

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
It looks like it in the intro video, but it's not clear if they are 'mechanical'. And (although it may just be my eyesight playing tricks) it appears that they don't light up at night!
I think there is a de-mister button on the light switch too but its in that awkward a place you are more likely to turn the foglights on instead

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I think there is a de-mister button on the light switch too but its in that awkward a place you are more likely to turn the foglights on instead

Yes, it's as if all they've cared about is what the cabin looks like with little thought on how easy the controls are to use.

Reactions: Walone
Feb 18, 2020
Hi guys sorry for late reply been busy, haven’t yet had time to get the screen out but it’s still not working so can’t be a overheat issue. I’ve noticed the usb/power socket in the glove box also appears to not work so I’m guessing this is likely not a screen issue?

thanks

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi guys sorry for late reply been busy, haven’t yet had time to get the screen out but it’s still not working so can’t be a overheat issue. I’ve noticed the usb/power socket in the glove box also appears to not work so I’m guessing this is likely not a screen issue?

thanks
If you don't have a USB socket in front of the gear lever then i'm sure that your car is not a 2016 model, also if you have a CD player with SD card slot in the glovebox then you don't need to remove the screen to test for the power supply, it's the unit in the glovebox that needs to be checked.

Feb 18, 2020
If you don't have a USB socket in front of the gear lever then i'm sure that your car is not a 2016 model, also if you have a CD player with SD card slot in the glovebox then you don't need to remove the screen to test for the power supply, it's the unit in the glovebox that needs to be checked.

Sorry that’s my bad I meant 2015! Cool I’ll check tomorrow