Infotainment system crashing

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
As per the title, has anybody else had their Infotainment system crash? Mine did yesterday whilst driving. Screen went off and then about 5 seconds later the music stopped coming through the speakers. I pressed the power button a few times and nothing happened so I pulled over and turned the ignition off and back on and it rebooted after that.

That is the only time it has done it but I haven't had the car long. Has anybody else had that happen to them?

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
How was the media playing? CD, SD, iPod, Bluetooth?

Bit rubbish that it requires an engine restart to reboot it, especially if you were relying on GPS directions from it!

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
How was the media playing? CD, SD, iPod, Bluetooth?

Bit rubbish that it requires an engine restart to reboot it, especially if you were relying on GPS directions from it!

I just had the FM radio playing. I was navigating somewhere and had it on the nav screen at the time. It may have rebooted without me turning the ignition off and back on if I'd waited but as I was navigating whilst in Belgium, I didn't want to just carry on driving for more than 20 seconds or so without dealing with it and thought an ignition off and back on might do it.

Rikwaite

Hi
mines been fine so no crashing but when I have my iPhone connected in the glove compartment when I receive calls it sounds like a bad earth fault very crackly has anyone got the same prob ????

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
I just had the FM radio playing. I was navigating somewhere and had it on the nav screen at the time. It may have rebooted without me turning the ignition off and back on if I'd waited but as I was navigating whilst in Belgium, I didn't want to just carry on driving for more than 20 seconds or so without dealing with it and thought an ignition off and back on might do it.

It probably fell asleep.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Not had it crash on me yet although I find that my iPod touch in the glove box starts to slow down after being plugged in for a few days (Constantly on) so have to restart it every now and then.

When I say slows down I only mean like a 1 second delay when skiping to the next track via the steeringwheel controler.

Nganasan

Feb 28, 2013
Estonia
I have had car for 2 months now and such thing has never happened.
I don't have NAV, so systems are not identical, but I have been using CD, USB and BT Audio for music sources during driving.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.