Installing of Baggage door lamp.

PASHA

Hi.
Help me to install lamp into Ibiza's baggage.
I saw this thread in some spain site. But i dont understand spanish and lost the link :blink: .
If somebody did it in his Beeza or knows how can i stretch it ?
Thanks !

P.S Somebody have the DIY links for IBIZA mk4 ? :redface:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Material: support of light - referencia 1M0947101A 1º we have to go to search 12v permanent, for this we have to go to search this the light of the tecto a front as it shows in the figure we have tres wires, in qualq that one that in interests them is the wire of the way that is vermelho/preto. Later it is alone to pass the wire enters boraxas of the doors until here atras. after the wire tar ca tras we have to disassemble the plasticos of the luggage of the left side and later for underneath of alcatifa of the left side we will go to observe porrada of wires, where we will go to search that one that detects when the luggage the closed one or opened you As it consists in the figure we have tres coonectores where one of them is of the black color entao will go disconnect it the wire that in goes them to interest is of the color castanho/preto you tá on in bolt 4 to see this in the legend of the connector. Soon now it is to bind the support of the lampada one with this wire and the wire that we were to search la the front ready e finished ja can put fox that it walks in the luggage it are

PASHA

Thanks m0rk.
But i dont understand this invalid translator style. :happy:
Can someone translate it without online translation program ?
Pleeeeaaase.

Silver Bullet

Large Member
May 9, 2006
yes it's portugese, roughly says to get the 12v positive from the roof light? then the negative you can probably get from anywhere in the car, connect the positive (i guess) to the switch and you're done, I'll check if I can see how it's installed in my car but yes, apparently you have to run a wire all the way from the roof light (or probably also cigarrette lighter) all the way back to get the 12v positive.

PASHA

Please.
Try to understand what he meens here:

luz9pg.jpg

Como consta na figura temos tres coonectores em que um deles é da cor preta entao iremos desliga-lo

o fio que nos vai interessar é o da cor castanho/preto ta tá ligado no pino 4 ver isso na legenda do conector.

Pronto agora é ligar o suporte da lampada com esse fio e com o fio que fomos buscar la a frente
:shrug:

Silver Bullet

Large Member
May 9, 2006
As we can see in the figure we have three connectors -blank- from which we are interested in the brown/black wire which is connected to pin #4 in the connector's legend. Then we connect the lamp support to that wire and with the wire we brought from the front.
That's the best I can do, I still think for the negative you could just connect it to any metal point in the car, good luck!

PASHA

Thanks
I'm very gratefull.
And what is connector's legend ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver Bullet

Large Member
May 9, 2006
connector's legend, well no idea there, sometimes some connectors have little numbers in them for each cable, that could be it, or just use a multimeter

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
definately use a multimeter even with a guide!

all you're doing is connecting to a switched live - this is not rocket science

Silver Bullet

Large Member
May 9, 2006
definately use a multimeter even with a guide!

all you're doing is connecting to a switched live - this is not rocket science

right on the first one but he should really be looking for an unswitched live, as most of the time the boot light is needed the car is turned off

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.