Instrument centre display fault Cupra290

weewebbo

Jun 20, 2017
Hi all,

I have a 2016 Cupra 290 and the other day the middle digital panel started flickering and had a checker-board background lighting up. It seems to intermittently do this but the car runs fine and I can read the display, the characters are not scrambled or anything, juts looks like what an old TV with a poor signal. I managed 120 miles whilst it was flickering away and I could switch display and use functions via the steering wheel controls. Turning on/off hasn't cleared it. No issues with the infotainment display.

Has anyone experienced something similar and is it likely a VAG diagnostic job?

TIA

KoenG

Jan 3, 2023
Indeed, seems a VAG diagnostics job. On the other hand, this seems to be such a typical problem for which those guys are not really in their zone of comfort or competence. But I would nevertheless insist that they take a profound look at it (free of charge, since I already have too much experience paying big money for bogus diagnostics).

weewebbo

Jun 20, 2017
The flickering is like a back-light is just randomly flashing. Now the one touch indicator function isn't working, but the main indicators work fine, maybe they're related. Who knows. Diagnostic job then.