Insurance and mods

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
My insurance wont cover me for induction Kits, but will cover me for an air filter.

Technically the R600 is an air filter?

So maybe they will cover this as a standalone mod but not cover it if combined with turbo elbow & inlet pipe?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Is it because they assume an induction kit increases power? When I was with directline they panicked if anything sounded like it was adding power.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
They don’t understand terms,

induction kit is an airfilter so just tell them its an airfilter. Simples

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
They don't hate you because of what the mods do. They hate you because of what you think they'll do!

Certain mods flag you up as the kind of guy who is likely to drive like a tool. And if you drive like a tool you are more likely to crash. It's no more complicated than that.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
They don't hate you because of what the mods do. They hate you because of what you think they'll do!

Certain mods flag you up as the kind of guy who is likely to drive like a tool. And if you drive like a tool you are more likely to crash. It's no more complicated than that.
I've always wondered if you get 'flagged' just for enquiring about mods. I'd love to know.

I was with Aviva before and my 1st renewal was spot on, very happy. My 2nd renewal was through the roof, and I'd previously enquired about a DTUK box!

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I've always wondered if you get 'flagged' just for enquiring about mods.

I don't know but it's certainly possible. I hadn't thought of that! Knowing how they work, it wouldn't surprise me.

It's just maths. They've been collecting data for decades. They know who's going to crash and how much it's going to cost them when they do. They don't charge guys who mod cars more out of spite, it's because they know they're more likely to crash. They have the numbers.

That's why you should take it as a gentle warning when they say 'I'm sorry but we wouldn't cover that at all'. They're looking at data which tells them your odds are not good!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise