Insurance premium...

Ænema

Just spoke to my Insurer about swapping my policy from my 306 DTurbo to the Cupra... and the premium is now............ £185.07 per month :-o

Think I'll need to make a few cut backs in a few places!

Still - it's gotta be worth the money! It's definately worth the ear-to-ear grin!!!

Dalicin

How much!!

Your either very young or have crashed afew times, I'm 28 and my insurance for a 2004 Leon Cupra R 225 is £380, Fully Comp.

andycupra

status subject to change
i have to ask..
have you got any other quotes with other insurers?

you can cancel your current policy and move elsewhere; yes it will eat a bit of money to cancel, but at the sort of silly money there must be some significant savings to be made elsewhere.

How old are you? points? claims? area?

Ænema

I've only got 4 months left on my policy, so I'm just swapping over from my DTurbo to the Cupra. No point cancelling it now, I need the NCB.

I'm 23... I've got 2 accidents against me (total of £50k claimed :blink: ), and I had a 6 month driving ban (TT99 totting up total :doh: ).

I reckon £185 isn't that bad to be honest considering the circumstances :cartman:

When I renew my insurance though, both of the claims disappear (as they are too old now), and I'll have 2 years NCB, so it should come down a bit more then :) The year after that, I'll have a clean history, I'll have 3 years NCB (touch wood) and I'll be 25... so all will be good by then

P.s. Both my accidents, and most of my points were just me being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wouldnt say from my driving that I'm a risk, but obviously insurers don't care about that! Espcecially considering 99% of the time I'm driving I've got 2 kids in the back... I drive like a granny most of the time! Though that other 1%... that's purely just fun for me to have :D

Last edited by a moderator:

andycupra

status subject to change
:roflmao:

quite a history then..

how comes you have the accidents coming off at renewal but would only have 2 years NCB? did you drive for 3 years on someone elses insurance
(history being 5 years for most companies)

I'm 23... I've got 2 accidents against me (total of £50k claimed :blink: ), and I had a 6 month driving ban (TT99 totting up total :doh: ).....
...Both my accidents, and most of my points were just me being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wouldnt say from my driving that I'm a risk, but obviously insurers don't care about that!

I would have thought the difference between a driver that is high risk and those that are low risk is being proactive and not putting yourself 'in the wrong place at the wrong time'.
I do appreciate that often the difference between an accident and a close call is luck but it does appear you have been unlucky a good few times..

Insurance companies can only do so much to assess you and your risk, - driving history being one of the major sources of info which for you doesnt read well.

have you though about doing an advanced drving course?

Last edited:

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Also people don't forget the Postcode.

As I've said in other threads I read about insurance, when I compare my circumstances with others I'm often older, driving longer, more NCB, less points, less accidents. But I live in a very bad postcode and hence my premium can be 2x or even 4x as much.

Though to be fair, sounds like TC is quite a danger :p

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
Thanks matey, just rub it in :p
probably the postcode that ruins it for me :cry:

i rang quite a few insurance companies and th best was HIC so i stuck with them. Some of them took the info and just plainly said that they cant insure it [:@]

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
im 28 had a little claim againt me last year (800 pounds) 0 NCB and i pay £1480 FC :<

terrible postcode as well ...

Oh and my water pump just went... :X

cambelt + water pump + rear beam bushes + bonnet respray this thursday :p. I should have sold that car >< earlier !

GazMac

Oct 26, 2009
I would be happy with your quote considering your history. I had an accident and 5 points by the time I was 19(total di*k of the road). i bought a punto gt 1.4 turbo at 19 and paid £2250.96 to insure that and that was nearly 7 years ago. I am now nearly 26 with 5 years ncb and a clean license and I insure a lcr225 for 475 fully comp with Adrian flux. I think you have done alright and if all goes well it can only go down! :D

Ænema

My first accident was down to inexperience in bad weather. I'd just had 2 new tyres fitted, but didnt know at the time they should have gone on the back. Car fishtailed down the road after a sharp left hander, then I aquaplaned onto the other side of hte road. I'd not seen another car on the road that afternoon... and i managed to hit the one car I did see head on! Ouch!

The next one was a thanks to a **** head motorcyclist. Went into the side of my car whilst making an illegal manouver... but because he was on a bike, wearing a high vis etc etc, it went his way. I have the upmost respect for bikers... I'd love to have a bike one day myself... but if you ride like a **** head, then you pay the price. Unfortunately... it was me that paid for it.

The points were just ****. I wont go into them... but everyone who knows the history of it knows I didn't deserve 11 of my points... the other 6 I hold my hands up to and admit I was in the wrong.

Still... at £185.07 per month, I think that is reasonable considering the history. Before my driving ban, I was paying £150 a month to insure a 1.6 K Reg Vauxhall Astra :wtf: At the moment I am paying £75 a month on my 306 DTurbo... so the extra premium seems reasonable considering hte increase in performance!

As I said, it's got to be worth the ear to ear grin across my face when I'm driving it! Just can't wait to pick her up now! 11 more sleeps! :happy:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members