Interim report on Michelin Primacy 3 tyres

Exeo Rog

Dec 24, 2010
First of all, if you have 18" wheels don't bother reading, as Primacy's are only available up to 17":(

I mentioned in another post that I needed to replace all 4 Bridgestone Potenzas on my ST 143. I found the Potenzas to give great handling but they were crashy over potholes and noisy on the motorway.

The Primacys cost £450 for the full set and I immediately noticed a more comfortable ride and less road noise. It's like the car now has as a "comfort mode". I didn't push them for the first 200 miles but have recently been on two longish journeys and tested the handling on some deserted roundabouts. Whilst I still felt safe, I must admit that back end seemed to be more unstable when pushed.

The other interesting thing was that I got the best mpg figures that I have ever experienced with this car. At first I though this was a fluke but both journeys were exceptionally economical.

So, the Michelins are better for ride comfort, noise, fuel economy and presumably wear (they always are) but the Bridgestones have the edge for handling.

Exeo Rog

Dec 24, 2010
Forgot to say, until the end of October, you get £50 free fuel from Michelin if you buy 2 or more 17" tyres. Received my free fuel card today.

okedave

Jul 14, 2014
I found that Michelins were best on my last car (Citroen C4) - It came with Primacy tyres fitted, but my local garage who I'm on brilliant terms with (as I do 1000 miles a week) persuaded me to switch to Michelin Energy Saver - I found they gave the same performance and stability but I got a better fuel economy, which certainly offset the cost of them. :) I also found they seemed to last forever.

I have just bought a second hand EXEO ST and when the tyres on it are ready for changing will probably be looking at Michelins again.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise