interior mats!

joolsvern

The biggest MEMBER here
Jun 22, 2009
Doncaster
I've just ordered off carmats4u, gone up a bit in quality from last set as drivers only lasted 6 months. Also gone for the "screw" fitting, hopefully the won't be too bad. Recommended by a few peps here and there, also IF/WHEN you order and register use PUNTO08 as discount code and get 20% off, this covered the £6 postage for me as mats were £35.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I'd always go for the OEM mats - you very rarely get the same quality and fit with aftermarket ones. Mine have been in for 3 1/2 years (80k miles) and they are still pretty much fine.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some great quality after-market mats out there, I'm just speaking from personal experience. In my old car I used after-market ones and I used to go through a set about every few months and that was with less driving! Would have worked out cheaper in the long run to just invest in some good quality ones.

joolsvern

The biggest MEMBER here
Jun 22, 2009
Doncaster
If these dont last I will go OEM - if available. At least I will have 2 spare passenger/rear sets in perfect condition :D :D

stephenSF

Jun 2, 2009
It's a shame you can only seem to buy mats in fours. I hardly ever have anyone in the back of my car and it's only really the driver's one that gets worn out. If I want to replace it I have to buy all four and replace the ones that are perfectly good.

nicklaus27

Sep 1, 2009
i'd buy oem if you could change the colour of the trim on them......i don't want black with red trim in my speed blue FR! :lol:

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I got some aftermarket ones from eBay last summer and they've stood up well to the harsh winter up here, including all the crap that gets dragged in off your feet. Had OEM ones in my Ibiza and the driver's side had a hole worn in the top layer after 20k miles. Replaced them with aftermarket ones from eBay and they did a better job.

joolsvern

The biggest MEMBER here
Jun 22, 2009
Doncaster
Well mine arrived today and fitted, look pretty good, I got yellow/black trim to go with the seats, adds a dash of colour to the dull black/grey interior if nothing else, I went for the Luxury as they are £18 cheaper than Exclusive and the only diff I can see from the description is material edge rather than leather. I'll edit in a picture later if I get round to it.

edit - that was quick

IMAG0142.jpg

Last edited:

wclark1238

Feb 1, 2011
Wigan
I got some from Ambassador and am very impressed with them. I've never seen OEM ones so can't compare but if they are significantly better than those out of Ambassador I'd be surprised.

No other connection apart from being a satisfied customer.

You would probably be able to find them on the world-wide web but as I haven't breached the 15 post threshold yet you'll have to find the URL yourselves :shrug:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise