Iphone connection

jellybabybandit

May 1, 2007
Hey folks

I was wonderig what optiins are available for me to connect my iphone to my stereo in the car

I have tried using my iphone lead and plugging it into the usb socket and then switch to AUX but that doesnt seem to work

Its just that most of my music is on my phone and it would be good to be able to play it

Is there a specific cable that works for the way i was trying ?

cheeers

jellybabybandit

May 1, 2007
ok so i have the iphone 5 which i would need the connector as you say but can i not just connect to my phone using the headphone jack thats on that cable ?

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
ok so i have the iphone 5 which i would need the connector as you say but can i not just connect to my phone using the headphone jack thats on that cable ?

No you need both to control the iPhone from the headunit controls. Works great with my iPhone 6 with 30 pin to lightning adapter.

ash1872

Aug 23, 2012
No you need both to control the iPhone from the headunit controls. Works great with my iPhone 6 with 30 pin to lightning adapter.

What model of car do you have? I have the cable with adaptor but my iphone 5 will only charge, it isn't recognised as a media device.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
What model of car do you have? I have the cable with adaptor but my iphone 5 will only charge, it isn't recognised as a media device.

You must have a bad cable, I have 2 one i got from eBay and the Seat oem. Both work fine. I got the oem cable with a 2010 Ibiza sport and currently use it on my 2012 FR.

Last edited:

ash1872

Aug 23, 2012
You must have a bad cable, I have 2 one i got from eBay and the Seat oem. Both work fine. I got the oem cable with a 2010 Ibiza sport and currently use it on my 2012 FR.

Hi, I thought that too so ordered another from a different seller but its the same. Are you able to stream music via bluetooth? Apparently should be able to do so but again can't?

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Hi, I thought that too so ordered another from a different seller but its the same. Are you able to stream music via bluetooth? Apparently should be able to do so but again can't?

No you can't stream using bluetooth (it can be enabled using VCDS but its useless). Does a USB stick with music on work in the port? The other possibility is the USB port is damaged.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.