IPod Ice>Link Adapter

DaveYoung

Hi,

Quick question that I hope someone may be able to answer - I've read the previous threads on Ipod adapters, but can't find anything with the answer...

I'm about to order a Seat Altea as a company car. I want to have an Ipod adapter for the car - and there's one which is an original SEAT accessory ('Ice>Link Quadlock Audio Connector') which I can include in my order and get added to the lease price.

My question is whether there is any difference between this adapter and any of the third party ones (Dension, etc). If there was any additional functionality in eg the Dension one, then I might consider leaving the adapter off the order and just buying the Dension one myself - if there's no difference it would be easier to just order it with the car.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
DaveYoung said:
Hi,

Quick question that I hope someone may be able to answer - I've read the previous threads on Ipod adapters, but can't find anything with the answer...

I'm about to order a Seat Altea as a company car. I want to have an Ipod adapter for the car - and there's one which is an original SEAT accessory ('Ice>Link Quadlock Audio Connector') which I can include in my order and get added to the lease price.

My question is whether there is any difference between this adapter and any of the third party ones (Dension, etc). If there was any additional functionality in eg the Dension one, then I might consider leaving the adapter off the order and just buying the Dension one myself - if there's no difference it would be easier to just order it with the car.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Sounds like it is the Dension unit that Seat are offering as their brand name is Ice Link.
The unit you want though, is Icelink plus - this connects to the CD changer port (quadlock connector) on rear of head unit and gives you control of the iPod from the head unit and MFS controls. You will need to mount theiPod so you can see the display!
If you don't get this with the car, let me know, I have a new boxed one for sale, never been fitted. They are very easy to fit by the way.
Do a search for Icelink in this section.
Cheers, John.

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
I have bought the Seat one, and it is a Denson unit. Just need to pick up the car now !
A friend of mine has the same unit in his Volvo and is very pleased with it.

PawnStar

I've got one I installed myself in my Leon Mark 1... Stunning. I'm very very happy with it. Easy to install, and works nicely.

However, for a discrete install (and I think SEAT may do this) you can install it in the glovebox.