Is it possible?

NigelPatrick

Jun 17, 2020
My friend's Seat Leon 2017 was involved in a crash and now he's selling the parts since it is totalled.

My question is that will I be able to, for example, take the tail lights (whole unit) or head lights and put them on my Seat Leon 2015? Will it work? Or is the wiring different?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Tail lights yes, but you need to feed a wire to the boot for each indicator. As the facelift lights have the indicator on both parts of the light.

front headlights would require a different bonnet and bumper.

NigelPatrick

Jun 17, 2020
Tail lights yes, but you need to feed a wire to the boot for each indicator. As the facelift lights have the indicator on both parts of the light.

front headlights would require a different bonnet and bumper.

can you plz elaborate more on the feeding of the wires for the indicators?

i don't care about headlights (not to sound rude)

i just want to replace my current 2015 tail lights with the 2017 tail lights and would like to know everything i need to know before proceeding.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
can you plz elaborate more on the feeding of the wires for the indicators?

i don't care about headlights (not to sound rude)

i just want to replace my current 2015 tail lights with the 2017 tail lights and would like to know everything i need to know before proceeding.
Never done it myself. But wiring wise, the 2015 have the indicator in the outside unit only...

1592953377577.jpeg

Where as the facelift lights have the indicators on both parts...

1592953519395.jpeg

So to get the indicators to work fully. You need to run a wire from the outside units connection, to the boot lid units connection...

1592953718824.jpeg

NigelPatrick

Jun 17, 2020

NigelPatrick

Jun 17, 2020
Well the lights are different between the estate and hatch. But the model (Cupra, FR) makes no difference though.

But the principle for fitting facelift lights to a pretty facelift is the same whether it’s hatch or ST.

hi i've got the lights and can confirm the indicators only work on outer cluster

you mentioned i would have to do additional wiring so the indicator displays on both units in unison

would you be any chance know what wires i would need to connect? and from where?

regards

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
hi i've got the lights and can confirm the indicators only work on outer cluster

you mentioned i would have to do additional wiring so the indicator displays on both units in unison

would you be any chance know what wires i would need to connect? and from where?

regards
Really sorry I don't.

However I suspect you'll be to compare the wires between your lights currently to work our what extra wiring the outer lights have that the inner lights don't. (just bare in mind the inner lights will also have different wires, for fog and reverse light.)

Reactions: NigelPatrick

NigelPatrick

Jun 17, 2020
Really sorry I don't.

However I suspect you'll be to compare the wires between your lights currently to work our what extra wiring the outer lights have that the inner lights don't. (just bare in mind the inner lights will also have different wires, for fog and reverse light.)

No probs, i will continue doing some research before committing to this

atm, i think outer-only indicator shud be fine... afterall, in the previous version it was the same haha

ty for ur input Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
No probs, i will continue doing some research before committing to this

atm, i think outer-only indicator shud be fine... afterall, in the previous version it was the same haha

ty for ur input Damo H
It maybe worth looking online at the 'semi' dynamic indicator looms you can buy. These add a delay to the outer indicator to make i look like its scrolling across. It may help work out what wires you need to connect to. @paddy6789 has them.

Reactions: NigelPatrick

NigelPatrick

Jun 17, 2020
It maybe worth looking online at the 'semi' dynamic indicator looms you can buy. These add a delay to the outer indicator to make i look like its scrolling across. It may help work out what wires you need to connect to. @paddy6789 has them.

Hi Damo, I've got my hands on the face lift head lights but they came without ballast module, and I was wondering if I can get one off ebay, providing they fit and the pins connect. I've attached a picture for clarity. If anyone knows more information on this, please help me out :D.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.