is this a dood deal?

zidane

Following on from the fSi vs TDi thread, I've found a TDi at a Seat dealer fairly nearby.

Is this a good deal? (he won't go any better)

My current car - Leon Cupra 150 TDi (2004/04) with 26K (Parkers' says trade-in for is worth £11,370)

+ £1000 cash

for an Altea 2.0 Tdi Sport 2005/55 (registed on 29th December 2005) with only 4K miles (ex demostrator)

I hate buying cars, I'm always paranoid about getting ripped off!

Thanks in advance.

zidane

Metallic Silver and no extra's fitted.

Its at Carlisle. When I said its at a Seat dealer, its actually at what was a joint VW/Seat/Audi dealer but they have closed the Seat bit down, salesman said it was beause it was losing money.

They had about 7 Seats on used forecourt, probably whats left from the stock.

This one I'm looking at has a £13,995 sticker price. Parkers says I should pay, £13.315 with 10K miles. It has 4K

So by my calculations, if you take the £1000 off the £13,315 I'm effectively getting £12, 315 for mine.

He showed me glasses guide which said mine was worth £11,700 trade in to forecourt at £12,900. Parkers says mine is worth £11, 300.

Doesn't seem a BAD deal anyway.

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
zidane said:
...they have closed the Seat bit down, salesman said it was beause it was losing money.

Not surprised - when I called about an LCR test drive the salesman offered me a drive in a Cupra and a look at a Cupra R in the showroom, on the basis that "there's not much difference"

:censored:

Tell

Staff member
Well now you have said where it is you better make a decision before other punters get in having read it here... :think:

They like to use the Glasses guide so you don't argue about values ;).

I'm pleased with my 2.0 TDI Sport DSG. The gearing is very tight in the manual as in the shift positions ie. not very far to change it, sure someone will use the correct term, that's considered to be good.

The question is are you missing something off it that you have on your car at yhe minute ?. On extras does it have the auto dipping rear mirror which is great, this was thrown in as part of the Sport package and then dropped off to become an extra at one time. Rear parking sensors you can get post installed if it hasn't got them etc etc. They left them of my factory built order do I know this one as they garage had to install them. They are a god send I find.

zidane

Update,

Went back today to test drive and hopefully make a deal. I decided beforehand that I only want to pay £500 + mine (reasons see below*) and they wouldn't give me that so walked away. I don't think they will ring back so probably dead.

They actually want £1000 + the tax + I have to pay for mats myself. So all in all £1170 which is even worse than I thought.

* The test drive was OK, even though I obviously expected it to be slower than my leon 150 Tdi, but it felt lots slower. Maybe the higher driving position effects this perception?
Its also silver, which is my 3rd choice colour, behind black and the dark grey (both of which suit the tinted windows better I think)
Other than that though its was great, was pleasantly surprised with interior, which looks crap in photo's but nice in the flesh.

Anyway, if they ring me and agree to my offer, its a deal, if not, I think I'll see what the 2.0 FSi in black and with 17" wheels is like at the other dealer.

Tell

Staff member
It's possible not run in at 4,000 miles which may be why it felt sluggish

dark grey = plat grey ? probably.

I never got on with the manual test drive I couldn't get the thing in the right gears, the gate was too close to what I was use to, but that is fairly common now, so I understand. It was a good enough reason to go for the DSG rather than battling through six gears and getting arm ache.

As the guy from the Telegraph said, George Jones, "when you are old [well I'm not that old], you go for the three A's in motoring, Airconditioning, Automatic and the Arm rest". He knows what he's talking about :).

barnabus

wouldnt give up, try a proper dealer, they will have access to SEAT UK's used car stock list and they are bound to be able to better the deal, it may be a bit of a way but Hobins at Preston would be your best bet

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise