kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Real K1's have centre exit exhausts - which this has, The wheels arent original

The steering wheel is from a Facelift MK2 Leon- but the car is a Pre-Facelift so my guess is its had a new steering wheel!

Go see the car

jay87

May 4, 2007
probably been in a knock, and that was a check airbag at the time..

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
or the owner just fancied the newer steering wheel?

If you go look at it, get the reg plate,get the engine code, VIN if you can etc

jay87

May 4, 2007
or the owner just fancied the newer steering wheel?

If you go look at it, get the reg plate,get the engine code, VIN if you can etc

Could well be, but i doubt anyone off here would insult there cupra by putting a fr wheel on! something dont seem right.. and most people buying a cupra, are buying it for that reason..

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Could well be, but i doubt anyone off here would insult there cupra by putting a fr wheel on! something dont seem right.. and most people buying a cupra, are buying it for that reason..

Looks like a cupra under the bonnet...doubt someone would take a cupra engine out and put it in an FR lol. Too much hassle (or does the petrol FR engine look similar and he's just put a cupra engine cover on?)

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby

Thanks for the replies guys!

That's what I thought to be honest! I think I best leave it. I emailed them last night and have had no reply.

I'm actually going to look at an 08 plate S3 tonight at my local garage. The garage have have just rang me up and offered me 4K subject to seeing it for my LCR which aint to bad as a PX. I've got my heart set on a K1 really though. I was not keen on the MK2 when it was first released, but I do like the Aero kit and the new FL Leons.

Thanks again :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
media

What wheels are they? Not sure if I have seen them before?

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby
Had a look at the S3 tonight, and it really didnt excite me or the mrs at all! So I am following this one up and I've also seen a nice red one from a seat dealership too :)

jay87

May 4, 2007
ive had a 07 cupra with the k1 kit, standard with a revo remap, and a 08 S3, S3 is the better of the two in my opinion, build quality and drive.. spending that kind of money id have a good look around and test drive both!

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I wouldn't buy it on the grounds that the seller has the fog lights on when it clearly isn't foggy - obviously a bit of a tw@t.

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby
ive had a 07 cupra with the k1 kit, standard with a revo remap, and a 08 S3, S3 is the better of the two in my opinion, build quality and drive.. spending that kind of money id have a good look around and test drive both!

I appreciate that advice Jay, thanks! I just feel it the S3 lacks that wow factor somehow. Having said that, I have not driven one yet. To be honest, the garage is the same village, so I still might have a go :) Its this one. http://hiltongarage.co.uk/Used-Car-...1807617.aspx?COGManufacturer=AUDI&COGModel=S3

To be honest, that is really stretching the top end of my budget too. The K1 I have found is priced at 13K. What are they both like straight line speed wise? Does the S3 suffer from massive transmision losses? I do plan on modding whatever I get. I may even eventually go up to stage 2+

I've had my LCR now for about 5 years. It's been a cracking car! I just fancy a change now.

Thanks

Ken

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
Cupra instrument cluster too. Don't think its a real k1 though, just a Cupra which has had to have the steering wheel replaced for whatever reason at some time. You'd be beat finding out why it was changed if you're wanting to go for a buy

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby
Cupra instrument cluster too. Don't think its a real k1 though, just a Cupra which has had to have the steering wheel replaced for whatever reason at some time. You'd be beat finding out why it was changed if you're wanting to go for a buy

Thanks for the reply.

I've sent 3 emails now regarding this and had no replies. So I wont be following it up. The other K1 I was looking at has actually been sold :( They really are very thin on the ground. Think I may have a test drive in the S3 at my local garage and see if I like it or not. I do plan to modify whatever I get, and maybe go up to stage 2+ so maybe the S3 is the way to go?

Thanks for your replies :)

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
interesting you say the new wheels are not as good quality wise, i assume the FL wheel is the same as the sports one you can get from the accessories brochure from the dealer?

I'm going to be looking for a K1 next year myself and they do seem to be thin on the ground, but I am willing to travel if the right one comes up but got my heart set on a candy white with black alloys and don't really want to get a standard cupra and get the kit

I know what you mean about the S3 as it just looks too plain and boring to me and doesn't take my fancy at all, I'm sure the quality of the build will be better but doesn't hold a candle to the looks of the K1 imo

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby
K1's are very thin on the ground! I looked last night and there was about 11 in the UK only on autotrader. The closest one for me being this one on this thread (which I have stil not had a reply about). I've decided I'm going to get a cupra and buy an Aero Kit to be honest Chris. Had a quick look on here, and it looks like you can get the full kit fitted and painted for about £1800 at a dealership! I'm going to look at Cupra later tonight :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.