Issue with Touchscreen

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
It is a known problem. Your car should be running v1803 software if it isn't ask the dealer to sort this for you with an upgrade. My Car was running v1790 and was a pain in the a*se. Cupra will have to authorise this as it will take approx 5 hours to install. Found that SEAT Technician's are not really up to speed yet with the Cupra's sophisticated infotainment system. I emailed Cupra uk and had a case manager assigned to me and she sorted it out with the dealership. Hth

They are only applying the updates to vehicles within a certain VIN range, as far as I know. Mine is not within the range on the campaign, and nothing was flagged when my car was recently at the workshop.

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
I am not really an expert on these things but it's odd that some people regardless of software version have no issues whereas some people do. Does it suggest a hardware issue??

Reactions: NickS68
Jun 14, 2021
I am not really an expert on these things but it's odd that some people regardless of software version have no issues whereas some people do. Does it suggest a hardware issue??
Like you, i am not an expert on this, but i agree with you, the software does appear to be working, eg when my screen does accept a touch command, then that action does actually work, eg turning the blowers up or down. And the functions which can be voice activated work ok, it appears in my case that it is the touchscreen itself which is faulty. its like trying to operate an i phone with a glove on. However, it looks as though there are other serious software issues eg with some of the ACC functions.

Tennis Pro

Mar 4, 2021
I get the pinkish screen of death about once a week.
Screen is completely unusable when this happens. Usually works again an hour or so after switching engine off.

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Is that the whole screen going pink? I had it where the Apple CarPlay window would go pink and pixelated, but the rest of the UI was fine. Going into a Cupra menu and back to CarPlay fixed it.

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
Listened to a documentary yesterday who stayed that most iof the big German car companies are really struggling with the software side of the business and are years behind more tech led modern makers such as Tesla as they just haven't invested heavily enough into it...don't forget it's all vw kit that seat are trying to utilise and all of the be brands are struggling with issues.

Jun 14, 2021
my mate has a tesla, and they are also prone to screen problems and eg ghost braking when in adaptive CC mode. but you're right, because of the nature of the big german companies sharing the componentry across different brands then a single problem ends up affecting everyone. im just not sure the kit is 100% up to the job currently with VW/SEAT. I had a volvo and the touchscreen on that never missed a beat in 2 years

Jun 1, 2021
Sometimes helps to unplug the battery for 10 minutes and than plug it in. Yes, many of controls will come on the dashboard but they will dissapear after few driving ...

May 8, 2021
Ours has the same thing as mentioned above. It’s a 3 week old vz2- screen comes on but as of about 10 days ago it does not respond to any touch. Sometimes when we have been driving for about 20 mins it does work again but very slowly and then goes back to being unresponsive. Strange. It’s booked in to the garage. The cupra helpline said it has not been classified as a ‘known issue’. I’d encourage anyone with this to give them a call and set up a case…

Jul 14, 2021
There are some updates due for the Formentor if the last numbers of your car VIN number falls between the range of 0226 to 07184.

My dealer was not aware of the problem until I informed them of it.

Quote “TPI 2062109 (Q-Service Packet /Field Measure 90Q7)” to your dealer.

Mine does and is going in for a day to have the updates Installed. These have to be instaslled at the dealers are they require the Seat Dealer ODIS system.

Check your vin number and see if yours is in the group of numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my vin ends with 020874 , does that mean it is in need of an update? (couldnt quite figure your numbers out since its 4 digits and then 5)

EuKiwi

Jul 7, 2021
Bavaria, Germany
my vin ends with 020874 , does that mean it is in need of an update? (couldnt quite figure your numbers out since its 4 digits and then 5)
There are two different TPIs, yours will fall within the following:

Just give that TPI number to your dealer if you are having problems with your touchscreen to get it replaced. (update doesn't fix - have confirmed with my dealer)

Jul 14, 2021
There are two different TPIs, yours will fall within the following:

Just give that TPI number to your dealer if you are having problems with your touchscreen to get it replaced. (update doesn't fix - have confirmed with my dealer)
Thanks man.. just my luck. We were at the dealership to pick up our formentor and the screen just didnt respond.. and now they say theres a shortage of displays so we really don't know how long before we get the car. Will have to settle for their Cupra Leon loan car for now.. great car but not a formentor XD

EuKiwi

Jul 7, 2021
Bavaria, Germany
Thanks man.. just my luck. We were at the dealership to pick up our formentor and the screen just didnt respond.. and now they say theres a shortage of displays so we really don't know how long before we get the car. Will have to settle for their Cupra Leon loan car for now.. great car but not a formentor XD
My pleasure - sorry to hear about the delay!

When I booked my car in for a replacement, I did so deliberately with a two-week lead time on their advice to allow them time to get the part, so I'd say it would be two weeks or less. :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise