Ateca 1.JPG
    886.1 KB · Views: 351
  • Ateca 2.JPG
    Ateca 2.JPG
    982.2 KB · Views: 363

Mihai A.

Apr 24, 2020
antoce.me
Just done 560 miles the other day. It was such a bliss to drive with the adaptive cruise and lane assist. I felt like driving a Tesla.

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
You don’t drive a Tesla, you just sit in it and move. Lol
Like my sister in laws Nissan Leaf. Yawn yawn yawn.

I think of electric cars of a Tesla level not a leaf or a Zoe would make 90% of you guys need a change of underwear. Until you’ve been in one they will change your opinion and view on them. They are insane, thinks it’s the lack of sound and seat pinning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Plates on, collection at 09:00 tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1492_kindlephoto-116276355.jpg
    IMG_1492_kindlephoto-116276355.jpg
    706.1 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1491_kindlephoto-116232852.jpg
    IMG_1491_kindlephoto-116232852.jpg
    747.7 KB · Views: 324
Reactions: vectra

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Well, it's been just five days since I took delivery of our new ATECA FR Black Edition, so here are a few first thoughts.

Firstly, must give a shout out to SMC in Aldershot who I would, from my experience, recommend - a completely stress and hassle free experience. Ask for Callum, top bloke. I also drove away with a two year service plan for just £149. This car is a five year keeper at least, so I'll most likely take out the two year warranty extension towards the end of the third year. Oh, and I'll be buying a spare wheel kit (not from SEAT) as I can't be doing with an inflation kit and ruined tyre after using it.

Obviously within the running in period we'll take it easy, but it's still an effortless drive keeping to no more than 2.5 - 3k revs - and quiet too. Good quality, if a tad drab, interior and comfy too despite the leather seats not bedded in yet. Plenty of standard kit but for some reason no storage bin under the driver's seat, nor a footwell light, despite them being on the spec sheet - oh well. Love the lighting system, both outside and in and a better than expected sound quality from the speaker system. All touchscreen functions are easy to navigate and fairly intuitive.

One thing I was concerned about was ride quality with 19" rims and 40 profile tyres, however it's absolutely fine. Very little tyre noise too.

In a nutshell, very pleased with it and personally for me the colour combination is the best, I have a thing about white bodywork sitting over black wheels!

This car won't be a high miler, probably no more than 500 per month, but I'll put up a few more words after about 1000 miles or so.

Cheers for now...

Attachments

• 20200706_162941_HDR-1.jpg
    20200706_162941_HDR-1.jpg
    918.1 KB · Views: 299
  • 20200706_163016_HDR-1.jpg
    20200706_163016_HDR-1.jpg
    908.5 KB · Views: 313

Tell

Staff member
I did notice my leather seats dropped you into the buckets they were made for after a bit. Reckon it look six months from memory till they felt closer to my old sport Altea seats and ofcourse you can carelessly eat a chocolate bar sitting on them knowing you can get the mark out ;). The storage space always reminded me of one of those modern stripped down German hotels that has a glass panel on the shower between you and the bedroom and three wooden knobs for you to hang your coat on. It's a toys out on display car than one with storage pockets.... those cunning Skoda engineers that kept storage for the Karoq when they converted the Seat sketches into an Ateca to be built on the Skoda production line. Seat keep the racing suspension thou.

Glad you are pleased with it. Haven't had any issues with mine in nearly four years except the build one of a plug not being pushed in all the way during production and the tailgate control unit that effected 2016 built models for six weeks that they recalled to change the unit. On this one I've only dealt with two owner run dealers which have been good. The one I didn't buy it from went out of business. They used bush mechanics of glue and tape..... (drove in Mali (with a driver) once with a car with its wiring done by twisted pairs... the north London dealer was up to that ;)... that's how they fixed my turbo pipe with glue since they had no clip that blew off and went into limp home mode.... needless to say they didn't get my Ateca purchase, could speak 18 languages but couldn't repair a car and were not nice people to do business with to parody their radio advert).

Reactions: Loadmaster748
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members