its raining on me :(

ovalpegs

Well you said you wanted to wedge it up, and most of it seems to be up!

Seriously though, looks nasty, defo leaving mine to the garage

SpidaCZ

Aug 17, 2012
Czech Republic
www.seat-forum.cz
Ha. My first post here. I just finished the glass change on my Leon. Don´t buy whole door if it is not real bargain. It is too late to help you with "how to do guide" to dismantle the glass, but it is pretty simple job :)

What you need to do now is to strip down the doors. There are several screws around the metal plate. You need to disconect all the cables etc. but you will find out by yourself. You will push the plate little bit up to get the clearance for the guiding lines of the window and take the plate of. Inspect the mechanism. There can be several defects. Consedering the symptoms, I believe that you will have the problem with the metal string moving the guides, or plastic wheel on the motor. Order just the damaged part and glass. Once repaired, put the plate back in place, move the guides down without glass. Put the glass from outer side of the doors by diving the fron side of the glass into the doors and when approx. half way in, start lo level up the glass into horizontal position. Then tape the glass into door frame. Move the guides to the position, where you see the screws on the guides in mounting holes. Untape the glass and put into the guides. Check the placing and tighten the screws. And YOU ARE DONE!

sorry for english, if some mistakes..

Last edited:

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Ha. My first post here. I just finished the glass change on my Leon. Don´t buy whole door if it is not real bargain. It is too late to help you with "how to do guide" to dismantle the glass, but it is pretty simple job :)

What you need to do now is to strip down the doors. There are several screws around the metal plate. You need to disconect all the cables etc. but you will find out by yourself. You will push the plate little bit up to get the clearance for the guiding lines of the window and take the plate of. Inspect the mechanism. There can be several defects. Consedering the symptoms, I believe that you will have the problem with the metal string moving the guides, or plastic wheel on the motor. Order just the damaged part and glass. Once repaired, put the plate back in place, move the guides down without glass. Put the glass from outer side of the doors by diving the fron side of the glass into the doors and when approx. half way in, start lo level up the glass into horizontal position. Then tape the glass into door frame. Move the guides to the position, where you see the screws on the guides in mounting holes. Untape the glass and put into the guides. Check the placing and tighten the screws. And YOU ARE DONE!

sorry for english, if some mistakes..

Hi, thank you for your advice :) the thing is I'm just not up for the job, I spent hours trying to get that panel off and the window back up, as soon as I got the window up I smashed the bleeding thiing!! I'm very lazy to be honest and if something dont happen first time I get proper funny and just give up :( bad I know :( I will look though for the parts n glass, thanks again.

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
got a door complete, its green but clean £40, im handy with a spray gun'ish!! picking it up friday yay, only 10 miles away. Any tips or guides on removing the whole door? Ill try not to drop it lol :ban: anybody know the paint code for red??