its raining on me :(

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
So its hammering it down I decide to put the pas window up and crunch bang the window starts doing the river dance! Up down uo down and for the finally drops all the way down :( now when I press the bottons it just makes a crunching noise and no movement, I haven't taken the door card off yet but will be tomoz, could anybody tell me what's what with this and any heads up on what I will need tools and parts wise?? Thank you

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
The glass mightve come out the carrier, 10mm socket to tighten them up, if its the same as ibiza then just 10mm socket is needed. Its an easy job. If the motor has gone then ive got some regulators from a golf mk4 gti turbo if there the same not sure.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Sounds like the window regulator has gone, mine did a similar (but quieter) thing yesterday.

£42 from Dave at SERE Motors for a new one iirc, you have to drill out the rivets holding the old one in and rivet on the new one.

There's a guide on here for the job :)

Scam

Mar 18, 2010
London
Definitely window regulator (the crunching noise is the cable winding round on itself).

ovalpegs

Window regulator, happened to me on Wednesday.

Have to wait until next week for the new one, sucks!

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
O no :( that diesnt sound good, well no money atm , is there a way of me putting the window bk up tomoz?? Also when I take the door card off, what am I looking for/ how do I know if its the Reg or runners? Thanks.

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
eBay! Got after market window reg for £17 new. Had it on for 6 months now and still going strong. See it on eBay again about a week ago , and still same price. Was a pig to get to. Metal panel also a pig! Took about a hour start to finish , so not too bad.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Sounds like the window regulator has gone, mine did a similar (but quieter) thing yesterday.

£42 from Dave at SERE Motors for a new one iirc, you have to drill out the rivets holding the old one in and rivet on the new one.

There's a guide on here for the job :)

Mine from ecp bolted back to the panel.

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
You need to see if the wire has also come untangled . Thats not easy to get back together. You could pull the rubbers off the door and see if you can grab it. Wouldn't recommend it tho . Only way you will keep it up is to wedge it ( big bump in road could end in tears ). Apart from that I'm afraid it's panel off and bring the window in the clamps up and leave it alone till you get new parts.

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
If you can't afford to do it yet take the door card off then the metal panel with all the regulator bolted to it. You can see the way to do it on the link from lee above. Then just get a piece if wood and push it under the glass so that its touching the bottom of the door too. I did this on mine till my new reg arrived.
Ak

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Yep ill be doing the wood thing, I hate this bloody door card thing, so far I've snapped the black plastic thing where the mirror foam is and rounded one of the two bolts holding the lock on the door, now off to town to get a 8mm torx bit, bleeding thing arrrrrrr!!!!!!! Post pics when I get bk

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Got the tools all sorted now, I might if yous are lucky do a 'how not to do guide' lol. Looking for a door now any color, preferably with a working window haha. Piccys:

IMG_20120818_165235.jpg

IMG_20120818_165218.jpg

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Hahaha well I couldn't get to the clips connected to the window as it was sitting on the bottom of the door so I pulled it up to the closed postition taped it there and got pi$$y wid some other clips, got a screwdriver prized it off and hit the window at 1,850 mph opps O well :( :( its strange I feel upset but I'm smiling, was just a little bit fun! !