Jarre's 2.0TDi CR FR170

Glleds

Aug 12, 2013
Halifax
There is also the scuttle panel across the bonnet you could do gloss black I got it done on mine looked smart also had the rear diffuser sprayed gloss black got all that done then sold my car, it is still for sale in Lancashire it's on autotrader orange leon with black bits on it also did engine cover and other bits in engine bay orange and gloss black plus interior trim orange air vent rings silver bit at bottom of steering wheel and door strips

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I was considering the scuttle being done in gloss black, not high on my list at the minute though! The rear diffuser will be sorted with the triple r composites one :)

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees

Thanks mate :)

Looking good mate. Personally I'd have the rear lower though.

What other car would you get if you sold the FR?

When looking side on it doesn't sit too high anymore. I wouldn't take it any lower as I scrape it a few times on bigger speed bumps anyway, any lower and it will be worse haha.

Not sure to be honest, fancy a 330 m sport or something. Will be a while before I change this anyway, I'm really happy with it :)

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
Ah, I thought you part ex'd/sold it to them.

I would have loved that front splitter :( why didn't you take it off lol

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Ah, I thought you part ex'd/sold it to them.

I would have loved that front splitter :( why didn't you take it off lol

Nope, didn't want the hassle of private but this way we should get more than trade :)

Wasn't worth removing the splitter as there's a fair few marks on it - they aren't that expensive new either :)

sidecarracer

Mar 12, 2015
Hi ,
What vinyl was used to wrap the front section of the bumper in?. And you mention it doesn't affect the Park sensors , this is my worry about doing mine , Did you cut out holes for the sensors? or wrap over the top of them?

Thanks

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I believe it was 3M gloss black vinyl wrap. I got a professional to do it but it was just wrapped over the sensors and not cut out :)

sidecarracer

Mar 12, 2015
I believe it was 3M gloss black vinyl wrap. I got a professional to do it but it was just wrapped over the sensors and not cut out :)

Grand job , I was worried it would affect the park sensors as it was covering them, No problems at all with yours?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
You still got this car Jarre? Sure I seen for sale at the tail end of last year.. Basing my White FR of yours :p:D

EDIT: Just seen posts a few spaces up, what you driving now?

Yeah I've changed cars now!

I've got a 2007 Golf GTI Edition 30

459e5e6e2f08a5ba7959b946e1477605.jpg

Magoo

Sep 21, 2015
Mirrors & bumper

Hi I've also got white Fr, does the panel behind number plate come off easy? And how did you remove mirror casings? Cheers, car looks amazing by the way

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Hi I've also got white Fr, does the panel behind number plate come off easy? And how did you remove mirror casings? Cheers, car looks amazing by the way
The panel behind the number plate was wrapped while on the car as it's a pain to remove.

To take the mirror caps off you need to remove the mirror glass first and then you can release the tabs. If you have have a search there are guides on how to remove the caps :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Also, another change of car... I now own another edition 30, candy white and DSG this time. All the options bar sunroof and parking sensors :) will be modified when I have the money!

0b543e329676f645e189507b810792f6.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.