JE Design Toledo

-JAMI3-

Has full JE Design bodykit; Front splitter, rear apron, side skirts, eyebrow spoilers, lowered, 18'' RSR Alloys, 2x rear spoilers. This has been built on Toledo Sport 2.0 16v TDI producing 140 ps and is finished in black magic.

This car has been a demonstrator and is now for sale, just select the link - North East SEAT Toledo or give me a call...

-JAMI3-

All they were doing was identical to the old Leon / Toledo situation, a Toledo is and Altea with a boot! Sales in the UK with Toledo havent been a great success, soloons dont sell as well as hot hatch's in the UK however on the continent they are doing really well!! The Cordoba (Ibiza with a boot) has ceased its UK market as of March this year - same situation. The Toledo will be replaced by the new Altea XL earlier next year, more of an estate than saloon, should do well - watch this space!

S-X-I

-Jennings SEAT- said:
The Toledo will be replaced by the new Altea XL earlier next year

Is this conformation that the Toledo is goin to be discontinued in the UK at the start of next year? :think:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
are you having a laugh with the price of that??????

I know its got the kit on it etc, but you can pick up a 10,000 mile Toledo 2.0Tdi Sport with DSG for around £12999, And thats from SEAT main dealers, there are also a few car supermarkets listing them at £11500 with around 15000 miles and thats in DSG guise.

That car is well overpriced, good luck in selling that,

&.

Looks well though, you got to admit. Jennings normally fully spec their cars, thats why its probably a lil bit expensive. They supplied me with a full JE Design Mk2 Leon and ICE'd it up!!

desmaxsum

Actually

I'm the proud owner of said vehicle and would love to know the history of this stunning looking machine.
Picked it up last week from a local garage, as soon as i saw it I liked!!!!:funk:

So come on guys tell me more about this apparently one off Toledo that sits in my drive when the wife's not driving around in it on the many shopping runs :lol:

-JAMI3-

I'm the proud owner of said vehicle and would love to know the history of this stunning looking machine.
Picked it up last week from a local garage, as soon as i saw it I liked!!!!:funk:

So come on guys tell me more about this apparently one off Toledo that sits in my drive when the wife's not driving around in it on the many shopping runs :lol:

Hi, it was my demo for about 3 months, the bodykit was bought from JE Design and so were the springs, the alloys were sourced locally. The Toledo is well spec'd up as it is and not many JE kits (to my knowledge) have been fitted like this to this particular vehicle! The car was sold from Jennings SEAT Middlesbrough, I'm sure we sold it for around £17k with approx 8k miles on!

desmaxsum

Bought it for £7k with 36000 miles on the clock, not sure if it's been played with further then it has a full Remus Stainless fitted and the turbo unit seems very load. All my diesel driving buddies say they have never been in a car so responsive and quick all very surprised!!!!

Pinocchio

Mar 23, 2008
This sounds like the car my brother in law used to own until very recently, if it's an 05 plate then it is.

desmaxsum

Certainly is an 05 plate, so what do you know about said motor then guv?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
For what its worth, I traded my 2004 Toledo 20VT Sport in July 2007 with 39000 miles on the clock for £4000.

desmaxsum

In all fairness you traded it in firstly so the book for the dealer would have been at least 1500 quid more minimum and I am sure it was not as loaded as the one I have just purchased.
I'm more than happy with the price I paid and it's cheaper to run than the previous motor so I am gaining all round.

Pinocchio

Mar 23, 2008
Desmaxum,

The car was bought as an ex demo from jennings, and the full bodykit was on from then. My brother in law made no modifications to the engine, nor has it been remapped. So in all apart from the bodykit it was a standard car.
I was offered a drive of the tolly and it was very quick for a standard 140bhp, the only thing i didn't like about it was the owl noise when accelerating. (you said the turbo was noisy).
The alloys looked like split rims, i actually thought they were bbs alloys. Anyway when you put it next to a standard Toledo, the bodykit actually enhances the rather unusual shape of the rear end. I was tempted to buy it but went down the route of a Toyota Auris.
The car was traded in to a local bmw Garage against a Z4 convertable and had been serviced regardless of cost. You have got a very nice car there and at a good price.

desmaxsum

Thanks for that guv great to find out a bit of history about the car, much appreciated. Going into the local Audio Dealer next week for full rear T.V system to be fitted!!!!

With 3 kids sat in the back I got to entertain them some how. Other than that and having the wheels refurbished it is as it will stay.:clap:

desmaxsum

Will have and can post them when I have enough posts.

Pinocchio,

Can you tell me how loud this owl like noise really was just don't want too worry to much but it does puzzle me as to why it makes that and it appears quite loud. Just not too clued up on the diesel turbo thing and don't want it to be a problem and be too serious. If it's normal then fine but would like my mind putting at ease!!!!

Any Idea's Guy's?

Pinocchio

Mar 23, 2008
I did have a 1.9tdi stylance Toledo, and this too made an owl type noise under acceleration. It didn't give me any problems so i just put it down to a characteristic of the turbo.

desmaxsum

Dead!!!!

:cry:

Well it's dead and in the garage having a new motor fitted, summats was a miss with it, good job it's still under warranty.
Pulled onto the motorway went for third and revs just died, pulled straight into the hard shoulder and was greeted with clouds of white smoke, AA took me back to the garage and we left it for them to repair :shrug: