JL Audio C5 650 in Cupra 290

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Does anyone have JL Audio C5 650 speakers in there Leon or Cupra.
I presume the Leon and the Cupra have the same door speakers.
I do not have the Seat Sound System.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
Seat Sound used the same stock speaker i believe. The addition of a centre speaker and sub makes the difference.

The C5 is a great speaker, but power hungry. You would need an amp to power those more effectively, using a stock head won't work as well. I investigated this myself. However that being said, a really good action would be to soundproof the doors. It makes a massive benefit to the sound.

Paddy6789 - a moderator here has done some work. reach out to him. If it wasn't for COVID and social distancing, i'd have heard it by now.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Seat Sound used the same stock speaker i believe. The addition of a centre speaker and sub makes the difference.

The C5 is a great speaker, but power hungry. You would need an amp to power those more effectively, using a stock head won't work as well. I investigated this myself. However that being said, a really good action would be to soundproof the doors. It makes a massive benefit to the sound.

Paddy6789 - a moderator here has done some work. reach out to him. If it wasn't for COVID and social distancing, i'd have heard it by now.
Thanks for commenting, do you have or heard the C5? Do they fit in a Cupra?
I will definitely be getting an amplifier they are very hungry speakers lol.
Do you know the difference between the C5 and the C3 because the RMS and PEAK are the same I think the coils are larger on the C3 but the crossover is better on the C5. If I can save £100 per set of speakers I will but only if the C3's are good.
And I will definitely be sound proofing if I'm spending that much on speakers.

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
i had C5 in my old Civic Type R.
The C3 is good but the C% is different league. its the construction i believe.
Where are you located? My fitter in London does all my work He did have a demo car with C5. i'd also go with silk dome tweeters, not the titanium as they can be quite harsh

Marko70

Jul 6, 2019
just a thought but why bother upgrading the rears? they should be turned down anyway or even off, mine aren't even connected anymore as a front stage is all that's needed..

that way you could spend the money saved on better/more equipment? just a thought...

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
i had C5 in my old Civic Type R.
The C3 is good but the C% is different league. its the construction i believe.
Where are you located? My fitter in London does all my work He did have a demo car with C5. i'd also go with silk dome tweeters, not the titanium as they can be quite harsh
I'm in Kent unfortunately, I had a good shop in tooting when I used to live in London that done all my audio work. There are a couple places near me that I could get to do the fitting.
Will the C5 or the C3 need upgraded speaker wire or can the stock wire be used.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
just a thought but why bother upgrading the rears? they should be turned down anyway or even off, mine aren't even connected anymore as a front stage is all that's needed..

that way you could spend the money saved on better/more equipment? just a thought...
I see what your saying but I feel like that's half a job lol but I might think about it as I don't have many back passengers (if any lol) just my 2 children lol.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Does anyone know if they will fit in the Cupra?
I know I will need the plastic adapters because of going down from 8 inch to 6.5 inch but does anyone know if the door is deep enough?
Will it hit the window or anything?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise