Just a wee bit of advice please!!

Cupra R 231

May 14, 2005
Lincolnshire
Just took the little cupra to the stealers for them to diagnose 2 things so then i can get on to my warranty company.
1. something in the steering column was loose and you could feel a bit of play in it.. No probs according to them the bottom uj on the column is knackered which seems about right.

2. Traction control light keeps coming on and off. and before you start it isn't because I'm giving it plenty of right foot at time.. But aswell as the traction control light coming on and off as it pleases it also turns itself back on if you've turned off yourself...

Now this fault couldn't be found??
Would the ECU remember this as a fault for sometime so it'll show up when it gets checked or not...

Also I did turn it back to normal from revo shortly before taking it, would this of wiped any faults that might have be stored???

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
I cant really help you on this one other than to say that i had the flashy self turning on TCS light problem once. Hasnt done it since but i had it vag commed straight afterwards and nothing came up.

Cupra R 231

May 14, 2005
Lincolnshire
hmmm bit of a mystery. hasn't done it for about a week now so maybe its cured itself (yeh right)... O well I'm sure i'll find out what it is when it goes kaput completely....

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
Could be anything from dirty sensor to loose wire. Im not an electrical person myself so try to stay away from that side. Its usually only major when the engine light or oil preassure light is on. its the oil preasure one to worry about!!!!

Cupra R 231

May 14, 2005
Lincolnshire
Yeah I'm not really worried about it. its just a bit annoying...
Half the time i don't even see it anyway because its just hidden by the steering wheel only noticed it doing it in the dark 1 night and a few times since..

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
From what I understand, Revo is a separate software so it shouldn't clear the fault codes if you turn it off..

Last edited: